I am in serious need of help with my weight loss

Options
So, I am 245lbs, 6'1 and confused on how to go about this weight loss thing.
Going to the gym is out of the question cause I am always on the move and whenever I do
have free time im usually sleeping. I walk a lot during my day at work and going home.

what is the basic information needed for me to start loosing the weight and
maintain my nutrition level so i dont have my body in starvation?

Replies

• sheeriolove
    sheeriolove Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I personally like to pace my sodium and sugar intake. Also im the type of person who likes variety, so I take a little of something then eat something else 2-3 hours later. Walking is always good too.
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I lost the first 15-20 pounds of this weight without a lick of exercise.

If you are in a calorie deficit, you will lose weight.

Calculate your caloric needs. There are several ways to do this. This link gives some good advice:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Now, that being said, I have been exercising a lot more over the last 6 mos or so, and have been very pleased with the results. I think once you get started, you will feel better and will find the time and a way to exercise. My point is, don't let the lack of exercise be an excuse to not lose weight if that's what you want to do.

Good luck!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    The ONLY thing you need is a calorie deficit. Create an eating plan that accomplishes that and Voila! :)
  • tracystire
    tracystire Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Don't have a ton of time to exercise? Want something that is quick, easy, and burns fat? Check this link out - his name is Craig Ballantyne. The basis of his youtube videos is that it is all these 4 minute workouts that can be done ANYWHERE! I started just over 8 weeks ago and I am loving it - and losing weight! He isn't just about losing the pounds - he shows you how you can put yourself in control of all aspects of your life and be a more positive and productive person. His mission is to change the lives of over 10 MILLION people! Just Google him to learn more.

First off - I would start right now by making healthy changes in your diet. Don't go all radical and try and do it at once but if you change 2 or 3 things per week, within 2 months you will be eating healthier because you can not out train a crappy diet no matter how hard you try! Work hard and you can do it!!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    The ONLY thing you need is a calorie deficit. Create an eating plan that accomplishes that and Voila! :)

This!! Create a deficit, you'll lose weight.
    Get a food scale. Weigh, measure, everything! Log it accurately.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Along with the sexy pants link...

Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.
    -Wayne Dyer

It's about moderation not deprivation. There are no good/bad foods, only bad eating habits. Do or do not, there is no try. You have to want it, you have to work for it, you have to realize that only you can do it.

Read these:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13

TL:DR the link right above this one then ->http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal
  • pyrokandlez
    pyrokandlez Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That definitely sounds helpful! :-) thanks!
  • pyrokandlez
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your help, I'll definitely be active on this :smile:
  • 59gi
    59gi Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your help, I'll definitely be active on this :smile:

I disagree that there is no bad foods. Try to eat unprocessed as possible. Example: chicken and salad; Ground beef and a side of vegetable; Eggs and salsa. You get the idea. Keep you calories in a range where you have a 500 calorie deficit. Nutritious is the way to go stay away from empty calories.
  • pyrokandlez
    Options
    to ginal59: I remember I was told that processed food was no good for me but (this may be a silly question but doesn't hurt to ask) do you know a website or forum for information about the processed food so I learn more of what to stay away from?
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I remember I was told that processed food was no good for me but (this may be a silly question but doesn't hurt to ask) do you know a website or forum for information about the processed food so I learn more of what to stay away from?

While you might want to cut back on processed food, you don't have to go to extremes with it. I have a tortilla every morning with my eggs and veggies and I am still losing just fine. Like someone else said above, maybe switch to whole grain versions of bread and pasta. Most people here still continue to incorporate all foods into their meal plans! :)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    All food you buy at the market is processed.

Follow the pareto first.

Get your weight dropping, eating less, doing more stuff. Worry about processed foods when you're trying to go from 80% of the diet dialed in, then deal with the marginal 20% items like, processed foods.

Worrying about processed foods when you're early at this sounds good and new agey, but it's focusing on the wrong stuff for now.
  • pyrokandlez
    Options
    All food you buy at the market is processed.

Follow the pareto first.

Get your weight dropping, eating less, doing more stuff. Worry about processed foods when you're trying to go from 80% of the diet dialed in, then deal with the marginal 20% items like, processed foods.

Worrying about processed foods when you're early at this sounds good and new agey, but it's focusing on the wrong stuff for now.

Thank you for this. Damn, I love this page.
    It was so hard for me to try to lose weight without knowledge on anything.
    Now, I can refer to this page for any help I need.