Husband and I have lost 150 lbs. combined

Options
OUR WEIGHT LOSS SAVED OUR MARRIAGE!!!

My husband and I started this journey together because he was diagnosed with Diverticulitis and I was told to be pre-diabetic. He had surgery to remove 2 feet of his intestines that was diseased. We made this change for our children who are now 18 months and 4 years old. The journey has been hard at times and a lot of adjusting was made. My husband of course got to his goal faster a few months ago and I still have a little ways to go. But for the first time in our relationship I now weigh less than him. He's been my rock and motivator along the way as well as my kids. We are closer now and have found a passion for a healthy lifestyle...we have that in common now and have a forever bond. Wanted to share an updated story of our journey. Can't wait until I reach my goal, aiming for end of this year. Hope the pictures work, I have bad luck with that even though I follow the steps in the tutorial.

2_zpsf12d0759.jpg

aMay20133_zps4951d6cd.jpg

d1baa866-5f2f-4a14-832d-77320cb0d210_zps48e04720.png

78dbda8a-169f-41a1-b955-357f898599c2_zpsbf124875.png

HPIM0194_zps1d97d2ab.jpg

]

9426968c-532f-457c-8085-9a34f905509c_zps1dbaefd6.jpg

june2014b_zps962b9c3a.jpg

IMG_3176_zpsd388673f.jpg

Replies

• Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great what inspiration congrats to you both your kids are so lucky !
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Great job and congratulations to both of you! You look so happy and trim!
  • russkiballerina
    russkiballerina Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you both and I am so glad to see a couple so devoted to each other and their kids. Brings tears to my eyes, really, because it reminds me of my own parents - were together until the end, married 38yrs until death did part them.
    Like the poster above me said, your children are truly lucky to have you guys and you look stunning in your pictures <3

Congrats again!
  • goldenrodfarm
    goldenrodfarm Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You both look great, it must feel great to not be carrying around that 98 lbs anymore, good luck to you both and congratulations!
  • Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Love_Is_My_Fuel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the kind words!! :heart:
  • milmomto2
    milmomto2 Posts: 84
    Options
    My husband and I are also on this weight loss journey together. Your pictures are definetly a motivator for us to keep on going! Continued success for you both.
  • Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Options
    My husband and I are also on this weight loss journey together. Your pictures are definetly a motivator for us to keep on going! Continued success for you both.

Honestly I could not have done it without him. You will find it so much easier to keep it up when you have him eating the same food and focused on being more active together. I've had many friends that did not have support of their husbands and it failed leading to gastric bypass. I am so glad I didn't have to go down that route and was able to do this without surgical help. I wish you luck and can't wait to see your update pics :flowerforyou:
  • Sugarhiccup03
    Sugarhiccup03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You both look great!! Congrats on your success! :)
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    What a lovely success story. One day your children will hear and will feel so proud and cherished :flowerforyou:
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Great that you could do it together - well done!
  • Briaboo4
    Briaboo4 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    You guys are such an inspiration! My husband I are also getting fit together and it's wonderful.
  • AmayaJo1
    AmayaJo1 Posts: 34
    Options
    Very proud of you and your husband!!! You both look amazing! Congrats!:flowerforyou: :drinker:

41790593.png
  • Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Options
    Very proud of you and your husband!!! You both look amazing! Congrats!:flowerforyou: :drinker:

41790593.png

Thanks hun...thank you for motivating me and kicking me in the butt when I needed it ;)
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    What an awesome team. Way to go doing it together
  • AmayaJo1
    AmayaJo1 Posts: 34
    Options
    haha anytime Christina:bigsmile:

41790593.png
  • KetoToThin
    KetoToThin Posts: 185
    Options
    OUR WEIGHT LOSS SAVED OUR MARRIAGE!!!

My husband and I started this journey together because he was diagnosed with Diverticulitis and I was told to be pre-diabetic. He had surgery to remove 2 feet of his intestines that was diseased. We made this change for our children who are now 18 months and 4 years old. The journey has been hard at times and a lot of adjusting was made. My husband of course got to his goal faster a few months ago and I still have a little ways to go. But for the first time in our relationship I now weigh less than him. He's been my rock and motivator along the way as well as my kids. We are closer now and have found a passion for a healthy lifestyle...we have that in common now and have a forever bond. Wanted to share an updated story of our journey. Can't wait until I reach my goal, aiming for end of this year. Hope the pictures work, I have bad luck with that even though I follow the steps in the tutorial.

2_zpsf12d0759.jpg

aMay20133_zps4951d6cd.jpg

d1baa866-5f2f-4a14-832d-77320cb0d210_zps48e04720.png

78dbda8a-169f-41a1-b955-357f898599c2_zpsbf124875.png

HPIM0194_zps1d97d2ab.jpg

]

9426968c-532f-457c-8085-9a34f905509c_zps1dbaefd6.jpg

june2014b_zps962b9c3a.jpg

IMG_3176_zpsd388673f.jpg

So cool!

Losing weight together. Accountability partners! Congrats.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!