Natural moisturizer

Options
hotpickles
hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
Hey all!

I was wondering if any of you try natural methods (oils such as grapeseed, coconut, etc) to moisturize your skin.

Replies

• jppoynt
    jppoynt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Extra Virgin Olive oil....in the summer lemon infused olive oil (since the lemon is slightly astringent - although I hear grapeseed oil is good).
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    Shoot I need to try it, my skin is so DRY especially in this cold weather. Can we say ASHY!! ha ha ha
  • JenCM
    JenCM Posts: 195
    Options
    I regularly use Grapeseed, Jojoba or Coconut oil for my skin. Sometimes alone, sometimes mixed in with my organic lotion.
    I'm an "oil nut" though...lol, I also oil my hair for moisturizing and such since it's long. :)
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    1.5 cups plain organic yogurt
    2 Tbsp lemon juice
    1 tsp honey
    1/4 tsp turmeric
    4 almonds - made into a consistency of an almond meal in food processor

Just mix and refrigerate. Lasts about 7 days in fridge. Use only at night bc of the lemon juice and the sun. You can add any oil to it you want! I use this and love it! I love adding aromatherapy oils to mine just so it smells good. I also add olive oil sometimes, vitamin e, vitamin k, vitamin a, grape seed, etc.
  • husstler
    husstler Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I exclusively use coconut oil most days but when it's particularly dry out (or in my apartment), I put Vitamin E oil over the coconut oil. I don't have any problems with too much shine, I love the way it smells, and it's so much cheaper than the Origins products I was using before.
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    Skinnyby29: Isn't it sticky?
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    No! The first time I tried it I thought it might be, but it's not. It goes on just like regular lotion, feels soft and silky!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I use grapeseed oil everywhere, but I use a facial moisturizer on my face. I love the grapeseed oil. It keeps my skin well hydrated and is inexpensive.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Dumb question... where can you buy grapeseed oil or coconut oil?
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I buy grapeseed oil in the grocery store in the oil aisle, right next to olive oil. It's really cheap, like $5 for 16 oz. or something like that. It's better than any lotion I've ever tried, probably because it's natural.