New here - looking for motivated friends!

Options
Hi everyone! I just started actively using MFP and am looking for some friends who are in it for the long haul and are motivated.

I started exercising regularly in February. There was a fitness challenge at work and that's what got me started. Since then I haven't looked back. I go to the gym or go running 4-5 times a week and I've started going to yoga classes regularly. I love yoga, walking/running and strength training. I have learned a lot these past few months but I still have A LOT to learn! Hope to meet some of you and continue this awesome journey together!

Replies

• ebamiller
    ebamiller Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Sharilyn! I've been on MFP a while but I'm new to the message boards. I'm also looking for motivation buddies. I'll add you! I've never been thin, but I have been a lot healthier in the past. I've gained a lot of weight over the past 2 years and I am now ready to get rid of it for good! When I was younger (I'm only 29ish now) I played womens rugby, ran a marathon, and loved hot flow yoga, but I've been really unhealthy and inactive the past couple years. I'm ready to get back to a healthier version of me! Hopefully we can motivate and encourage each other! :)
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I have a ultimate goal of losing 70lb! I would love to be friends with you and try to keep each other motivated. I log in everyday and I am pretty consistent. I'll send a request. :)
  • tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I log mostly everyday. Every now and then I have to work on Saturday (I'm a wedding photographer) so I don't spend any time online those days to log stuff. But the wedding season is over now, so I'm logging practically every day. I need motivated friends as well :)
  • donnakbolden
    Options
    So..hello all! I'm late 40's. Almost 100# to lose. On medications that slooooow my system down and emotional baggage that isn't helping. I need some support and looking to support others that are in the same boat! It's time to kick this extra weight to the curb!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • joelschendel
    joelschendel Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I sent a request and anyone else is welcome to add me as well. Can't ever get too much motivation and support that is for sure.
  • sharilyn77
    sharilyn77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yay! Thanks for responding everyone! Apparently I joined MFP 2 years ago - I had started to get in the groove but quickly lost interest. This time around it's really been a major lifestyle change for me and I am loving it! Can't wait to see you guys around and share our successes :)
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'se want. I started on February 2 on my new healthier me journey. Started at 265lbs , currently at 195lbs. 35lbs to go to meet my BMI. I log daily and log my meals/exercise. Congrats to you all on deciding to get healthier 8)
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Hello! :) Nice to meet you. Congrats on already starting to exercise and deciding to lead a healthier lifestyle :) I will send you a fr so we can help motivate each other hopefully :)