Need Help Getting Toned

Options
Hello :)

I have a little problem that I hope someone can give me some insight on.
I have lost all the weight I can and still have a flabby belly, I really want that flat stomach. I decided that maybe I should stop eating less to lose weight and eat all of the calories I burn, but at the same time start exercising a lot more and eating more protein.
Since I had been eating less than I burn, but have been pretty much sedentary, I guess that would explain the flab even though I lost the weight.
Can anybody tell me their experience with losing the flab and getting more toned while maintaining their weight?
Is it possible to lose the fat even though I'm not trying to lose weight?
Can anybody give me advice on getting on getting that toned, lean muscle?
Maybe share personal experience?
Thanks you guys! I'm almost there, I hope this question can help others as well :)

Replies

• KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    A lot of people say that body recomposition is too slow to be worth it, but it's been worth it for me. Over the past 3 months I have gained 3 pounds of muscle and lost 4 pounds of fat based on my weight and hydrostatic weighing results at the gym. What I typically do is over-eat very slightly for a couple weeks (2300-2500 calories per day), then under eat very slightly for a couple weeks (2000-2200 calories per day), so I fluctuate between about 121 lb and 126 lb. Coupled with weight lifting 4x a week and daily cardio, my body has changed quite a bit. Most important element here is lifting weights! Get on a program like Starting Strength or Strong Curves and get busy.
  • kharmacat
    kharmacat Posts: 13
    Options
    This is essentially the same question I posted here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1334779-maintain-weight-lose-inches

The advice I could glean goes something like this:
    3 x weekly weight lifting while eating at maintenance level (don't log the lifting, so your net calories are a bit below maintenance)
    On opposite days, do light cardio, and do log it, so you're eating net calories at maintenance

Like Kate said, the idea is to build muscle, so your body is burning that fat! Good luck, let me know how it goes.
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Bump for reference. Thanks.
  • jpapp13
    jpapp13 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm in recomp mode myself after hitting my weight goal. Over the last 3-6 months, I've regained about 5lbs, but my bf% and lbm have improved. As far as getting toned, if you're maintaining I suggest decreasing your time doing cardio, and look into weight based training, even if it's body weight as first .. currently I lift 2 - 3x a week and then light cardio 5 days a week and I've seen nice improvements in the tone of my muscle without having to sacrifice my diet ..

Good Luck!
  • DanceswithWow
    Options
    Hello Natalie...

My name is Dances with Wow....and I have an enormous amount of experience deflabbing..
    First lets give you Kudos for the barbarian at the gate discpline you managed to put your self through to get their.. It took a serious amount of perseverance to literally force your body to obey your command with exercise..

Your contained discipline will be of exceptional use for what I am about drop the bomb on you with..

Your first priority is to stabilize ...and regriup.. Your weight loss is is only from one thing and it aint calories.. its a massive abundance of lipolytic enzymes running amok in your body..when I say massive I mean it is devouring every piece of tissue in its wake.. which explains the flabby skin..

The depletion you a re experiencing cannot be exercised a way or managed with the only if you are already normal calories in or calories out mind set.. it deadends all/ thats 100% of end users...It becomes a circular loop that strips you of your life force..

If i were flabby.. i would slow down your work outs to just twice a week...and begin assembling a food energy plan. I explanied what a food energy plan here before..but basically it will plot your course before you do your course..

I would calculate your protein number(Pn#) this is defined as your baseline biometric of your metabolic need..If any would like this proven thermal effect of food formula and the instructions on how to use it...Its available.by request only...

this formula is the master metabolic key to your unique you.. and believe me its like putting a power cell in an electric car..
    Life force blossomes.s. remeber the scene in the first Iron Man...Thats excatly how your protein number will begin to reboot you..

Not much and not to little Its very specific to your metaboilc rate..

Its not the only thing you will do but its the primary thing when you are using incremental and variable levels of intensity through exercise.

I will go further you require a Protein Cocktail...(Pn#) this will provide a fail safe selection of proteins for which your hungry body can choose from to replace hollowed out and depleted DNA chains trying to be of service to you. but cant because they are beaten down.

Once you have done this it takes full affect in 3 days thats is 72 hours replenish and repair. if you keep working out for more than two add 6 additional days.

You wont know what hit you.. and you wont believe your eyes..

After the 72 hours .or when your body gives the signal .is where it gets fun.. change up every thing routine and process
    You will stop working out and begin Isometric hold practice, flexibility training, and 1 rep maxing at just 35% of threshold.

then just leave.. the gym..take a lower than body temp shower morning and night and lower the thermistat when you sleep...
    Mkae sur eyou enjoy a pilot meal instaed of breakfast

repeat til your one rep maxes near peak.say 80%. then return to training..but with a whole new set of life force skills ..

Hope this helps..

please feel free to post your questions.. i plan on uploading to pdf format some powerful life force goodies for amazing back story question such as yours.. I ve been getting..

I can document authenticate, validate and reveal to the world more so than any other system, through your example how to achieve ongoing wins with your body 100% of the time for ever single individual having an issue with their boy..
    deweaponizing unwanted body fat done!..A more firm fantastically feminine physique all you want, a more modern masculine frame... no brainer.,

Learn to emit a life force that pills potions and pot can only dream about..Hit me up.

my name is
    Dances with Wow
    Discover Lifeforce unleashed
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Hello Natalie...

My name is Dances with Wow....

So anyhow...

...how much and where can I buy whatever it is you're selling?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Hello Natalie...

My name is Dances with Wow....and I have an enormous amount of experience deflabbing..
    First lets give you Kudos for the barbarian at the gate discpline you managed to put your self through to get their.. It took a serious amount of perseverance to literally force your body to obey your command with exercise..

Your contained discipline will be of exceptional use for what I am about drop the bomb on you with..

Your first priority is to stabilize ...and regriup.. Your weight loss is is only from one thing and it aint calories.. its a massive abundance of lipolytic enzymes running amok in your body..when I say massive I mean it is devouring every piece of tissue in its wake.. which explains the flabby skin..

The depletion you a re experiencing cannot be exercised a way or managed with the only if you are already normal calories in or calories out mind set.. it deadends all/ thats 100% of end users...It becomes a circular loop that strips you of your life force..

If i were flabby.. i would slow down your work outs to just twice a week...and begin assembling a food energy plan. I explanied what a food energy plan here before..but basically it will plot your course before you do your course..

I would calculate your protein number(Pn#) this is defined as your baseline biometric of your metabolic need..If any would like this proven thermal effect of food formula and the instructions on how to use it...Its available.by request only...

this formula is the master metabolic key to your unique you.. and believe me its like putting a power cell in an electric car..
    Life force blossomes.s. remeber the scene in the first Iron Man...Thats excatly how your protein number will begin to reboot you..

Its not the only thing you will do but its the primary thing when you are using incremental and variable levels of intensity through exercise.

I will go further you require a Protein Cocktail...(Pn#) this will provide a fail safe selection of proteins for which your hungry body can choose from to replace hollowed out and depleted DNA chains trying to be of service to you. but cant because they are beaten down.

Once you have done this it takes full affect in 3 days thats is 72 hours replenish and repair. if you keep working out for more than two add 6 additional days.

After the 72 hours .or when your body gives the signal .is where it gets fun.. change up every thing routine and process
    You will stop working out and begin Isometric hold practice, flexibility training, and 1 rep maxing at just 35% of threshold.

then just leave.. the gym..take a lower than body temp shower morning and night and lower the thermistat when you sleep...

repeat til your one rep maxes near peak.say 80%. then return to training..but with a whole new set of life force skills ..

Hope this helps..

please feel free to post your questions.. i plan on uploading to pdf format some powerful life force goodies for amazing back story question such as yours.. I ve been getting..

I can document authenticate, validate and reveal to the world more so than any other system, through your example how to achieve ongoing wins with your body 100% of the time for ever single individual having an issue with their boy..
    deweaponizing unwanted body fat done!..A more firm fantastically feminine physique all you want, a more modern masculine frame... no brainer.,

Learn to emit a life force that pills potions and pot can only dream about..Hit me up.
    Hello Natalie...

Hope this helps..

Hello Natalie...

Hope this helps..

Hello Natalie...

Hope this helps..

Hello Natalie...

Hope this helps..

my name is
    Dances with Wow
    my name is
    Dances with Wow
    my name is
    Dances with Wow
    my name is
    Dances with Wow
    my name is
    Dances with Wow

iVtAeRh.jpg
  • rlynnehawk
    rlynnehawk Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This has been very helpful. Thank you!
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Hello Natalie...

Hope this helps..

my name is
    Dances with Wow

Douchebagsaywhat?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    *ignores the crazy*

Lift weights (progressive loading strength training), eat .8 grams of protein per pound of weight, and be very patient. Here are my results from 1 year of following that advice:

3adc875e-c415-41b0-992d-6430c1d58507_zps849ede27.png

My body fat percentage dropped from about 25% to about 18%

It's slow, but if you're not up for cutting/bulking cycles it's a good option.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    *ignores the crazy*

Lift weights (progressive loading strength training), eat .8 grams of protein per pound of weight, and be very patient. Here are my results from 1 year of following that advice:

QFA (Quoted For Awesome)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    *ignores the crazy*

you look great!

hey baby, what's your protein number?
  • kharmacat
    kharmacat Posts: 13
    Options
    *ignores the crazy*

Lift weights (progressive loading strength training), eat .8 grams of protein per pound of weight, and be very patient.

Wow, love your results! This gives me hope. Thank you.

One more thing to add for the OP - since you said you aren't working out right now, one thing you might consider is DailyBurn.com. I have absolutely no affiliation, but I subscribe and I love it. Workout at home, lots of variety, and some nice challenges. Just get yourself some weights and a medicine ball so you can start that weight training.

(Also ignoring the crazy...)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    *ignores the crazy*

you look great!

*snort*

ummm . . . 42?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    *ignores the crazy*

you look great!

She's definitely got the clothes ripping life force going. Rawr!
  • PtheronJr
    PtheronJr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My name is Dances with Wow...

Roflmao.
  • psylvester1
    Options
    bump
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I think lifting would benefit you the most.
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics gave the best advice, w/ pics to show
  • ladyace0007
    Options
    I've been working toward the same goal for about a year now. It's simpler than you think, but it's overcomplicated by all the myths and misconceptions surrounding body recomp.

First of all, you can't turn fat into muscle. You can lose fat and gain muscle. And I know this sucks, but in order to lose fat you have to keep that calorie deficit. It's the only way your body is going to burn it up. Otherwise the "flab" isn't going anywhere, and you won't be able to see any muscle you gain.

Second, you should definitely start lifting if you're not already. That's the only thing that's going to build muscle and give you the toned look you want. I'd work on a regiment built around full body lifts (cleans, dead lifts, squats) but make sure you start light and perform the lifts correctly. The last thing you want to do is develop an injury trying to lift too heavy with bad form.

And like you mentioned, make sure you're getting enough protein. When you lift, you create tears in your muscles, and your body uses the protein from your diet to repair them and make them bigger and stronger. Without it, you'll be breaking your muscles down but not getting any gains from it.

One final tip: the scale gets pretty iffy at this point. You're going to see a lot of fluctuation, especially for the first few weeks after starting a new exercise program. I would definitely invest in a body fat caliper. After all, body fat is what you're interested in, not body weight. They're super cheap on Amazon. I'll paste a link to the one I have. They're fairly accurate, but the most important thing is that if you're consistent with your measurements, you'll be able to measure your progress. If it reads 18% the first time and 16% a few weeks later, you'll know you've made progress, even if the numbers aren't right on the button.

http://www.amazon.com/AccuFitness-Accu-Measure-Body-Fat-Caliper/dp/B000QURRUK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403752789&sr=8-1&keywords=body+fat+caliper