Need Reviews- AB Circle Pro

Options
A girlfriend has one for sale for $40. Used maybe a month. Collected dust for a year or more.

Does anybody have an opinion on this machine?

Replies

• bethann1976
    Options
    The commercials make me giggle, because it's a silly-looking contraption. But I don't think that's the type of opinion you will find helpful, lol.
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I bought it and tried it out for about a month. It is very hard on the knees and you feel a little awkward as your rump is in the hair swinging back and forth the whole time. I did not stick to it for very long, but I did seem to break a sweat while using it. I would ask her to try it out and if you feel comfortable on it I would go with it. Just wasnt for me. Hope this helps some =)
  • tandletammy
    tandletammy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I purchased one right after Christmas and use it about every other day. But my son uses it daily. You can feel it working but I don't know if the inches lost are from P90X or the ab circle pro. It is a bit hard to get used too, but if my 10 year old son can do it and do it well I think anyone can. I say it's only $40 give it a try, I'm sure you can say you have wasted $40 on other things in the past. :)
  • leastwood
    Options
    I have bad knees so I have not tried it.
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    thanks all! i'll check back in the morn for more input! :yawn:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Ab Circle Pro
    What's the science say?
    The extreme rotation from the Ab Circle Pro may put dangerous torque on your spine, and its effectiveness as a cardio workout is questionable, Peterson says.
    Gym Alternative
    Kettlebell swings combine cardio and resistance training, which allows you to safely lose weight and build core muscles, says Mike Robertson, C.S.C.S.
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    What's the science say?

thanks pal!
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    i declined. will use my money on my piyo and zumba classes instead. :bigsmile:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Ab Circle Pro
    What's the science say?
    The extreme rotation from the Ab Circle Pro may put dangerous torque on your spine, and its effectiveness as a cardio workout is questionable, Peterson says.
    Gym Alternative
    Kettlebell swings combine cardio and resistance training, which allows you to safely lose weight and build core muscles, says Mike Robertson, C.S.C.S.

And KB's keep your back straight!

Ab wheels work pretty damn awesome though.