14lbs in 7 days

:smooched: I picked up the above diet comms from netmums' forum about 3 weeks ago, I tried it for 4 days and lost 7lbs panicked and started yumming everything in sight because I thought there was something wrong. Anyway after careful consideration, research and soul searching I have decided to embark on it again . Apparently this is a pre-ops diet plan to help patients shed weight fast, hence it was prescribed by a surgeon.

Day 1: I started yesterday weighing at 197lbs (Monday 25.06.2012), BF - 1 slice of brown toast and grilled tomatoes, black coffee (no sweetner); Lunch - Fruits (any amt) so I had a cup of cherries, 1 cup of grapes, 2 small tangerines and 1 medium banana. Dinner - 2 hard boiled egges and lettuce with cucumber. (+ half a cup of unsalted roasted peanut, my own additional fuel for pre-workout)
I woke up at 5.am and had a cup of lemon with warm water, did 500 jump ropes and 50 crunches before getting ready for work (8.00am start time). I finished work at 4pm, had dinner, took an hour nap and went for 40minutes walk/run before bed.

Day 2 : I weighed myself this morning 194lbs (so 3lbs down) not sure if the loss comes from the above diet, low calorie intake or the workout. I am on day 2 (not easy i must add). BF - 1 boiled egg + half grapefruit (GF) and a cup of coffee with sweeter, L - 1/4 roast chicken (extra tasty from morrison), 1 cup cherry tomatoes. I am on my 4th cup of water, its 14:20 GMT and interestingly am full but not stuffed, I am not craving either. Dinner will be steak with lettuce.
I will have a cup of herbal tea and water before I leave the office for the day. My new morning regime continued this morning with a cup of lemon juice/ warm water and 500 jump ropes. I am hoping to get a nap tonight before i go for my evening walk/run.

You are welcome to join me otherwise I am happy to keep you all updated on my progress. I'm hoping to complete the entire 7 days so fingers x.

DIET PLAN : I have copied the plan from netmums.

Lose 14lbs in a week?
I was given this diet plan by my step mum the other day - she had been given it by her consultant prior to heart surgery.

The basis of this diet is chemical. If you follow the diet to the letter for one week you should lose 14 pounds (and possibly up to 20 pounds)

Day 1 Breakfast 1 slice dry toast and grilled tomatoes
Lunch Fresh fruit (any amount)
Dinner 2 hard boiled eggs, salad, grapefruit

Day 2 Breakfast Grapefruit, 1 boiled egg
Lunch Roast chicken (any amount) & tomatoes
Dinner Grilled steak and salad

Day 3 Breakfast Grapefruit, 1 boiled egg
Lunch 2 boiled eggs and tomatoes
Dinner 2 Grilled lamb chops, celery & cucumber

Day 4 Breakfast 2 slices dry toast, 2 poached eggs
Lunch fresh fruit (any amount)
Dinner 2 hard boiled eggs, salad, grapefruit

Day 5 Breakfast 1 slice dry toast, 2 poached eggs
Lunch 2 poached eggs & tomatoes
Dinner Fresh or tinned fish and salad

Day 6 Breakfast 1 boiled egg, 1 glass grapefruit juice
Lunch Fresh fruit (any amount)
Dinner Roast chicken, cabbage, carrots

Day 7 Breakfast 2 scrambled eggs, grilled tomatoes
Lunch 2 Poached eggs& spinach
Dinner Grilled steak & salad

NOTE

Abstain from anything not mentioned.
Eat only what is shown or do without.
No substitutions allowed.
No eating between meals
No alcohol
No butter milk or fat

Drinks = black tea, black coffee, lemon tea, grapefruit juice, tonic, soda or water only
Salad = lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and celery only

DO NOT DIET FOR MORE THAN ONE WEEK AT A TIME

PS: I have calculated the calories and realised it's very low, I am well aware that the best weight loss plan is healthy eating and exercise but i choose to try this out. Please reserve your comments if you do not approve... Africandieter

Replies

• bhajrizi11
    bhajrizi11 Posts: 101
    hello :)

I too was one one of these diets. It seemed great on paper..the 14 lb promise in a week seemed amazing and all i had to do was fill up on as many fruits and veggies and soup i can. I got into day 4 and I was feeling terrible. Yes i had dropped 6lbs in 4 days but i could not exercise because i was too tired and started feeling dizzy. I was logging my food and was taking in 1200 cals but was extremely negative in sodium, or carbs, or sugar in those days. basically what im saying is, those week long diets are crash diets. you may drop some weight but its not good for the body. im back on track with MFP and im gradually dropping as i should. there's specific counts on protien and carbs, etc in your log to make sure you are taking in enough nutrition for your body.

like i said i did drop a few pounds but you can do the same here, its worth it, the crash diet may not give you lasting results. I know i gained 2 more back when i got off day 4. lose weight and feel good the healthy way :)
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    No way I could follow something that strict. :noway:

I'm a non-conformist. Rules were meant to be broken and food was meant to be eaten and enjoyed. I must not be doing too badly...I'm in the best shape of my life.

But, good luck to those who like the structure of diets like this... :drinker:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Are you being monitored by a physician? Can you sustain this diet long-term? Do you realize that the majority of weight you're losing is likely water weight and you will regain it all (plus some, I'm sure) when you go back to your normal eating habits? How many other crash diets have you tried?

Lady Homebrewer - 3yrs
    MFP Smarty-pants and sometimes food logger
    Also, boobs.
  • cjhart81
    cjhart81 Posts: 200 Member
    Sounds very much like the scarsdale.. I did that for 2 weeks and lost 14lbs.. it was just the kickstart i needed!

I dont think this is something I could do now, as I have my eating habbits under control, but for anyone needing a kickstart.. why not! :)
  • nikkiw283
    nikkiw283 Posts: 90
    Sounds very much like the scarsdale.. I did that for 2 weeks and lost 14lbs.. it was just the kickstart i needed!

I dont think this is something I could do now, as I have my eating habbits under control, but for anyone needing a kickstart.. why not! :)

that is what is sounds like to me. i have considered trying it, but i feel like i would end up eating things that are not on the list lol.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    I am curious, what will you do on the off weeks. Will you be following an mfp deficit?
  • cjhart81
    cjhart81 Posts: 200 Member
    it wasnt that bad
    :)

I needed to drop some weight quick for a holiday, so I wasnt bothered if it went back on or not after hehe.. it didnt!

good quick fix id say!
  • LexyDB
    LexyDB Posts: 261
    You leave it open for comments when youbpost what do you think.

This is a very low calorie diet and very dangerous idea. Watch out for the rebound when you eat properly the following weeksvand put it all back on again. As you said, your choice.

Please post the results a week after when you eat normally again?
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    I tried the cabbage soup diet for about 3 weeks way back in my younger days with excellent results. however I got to the point that the smell of cabbage soup makes me gag and I never got over that. lol.
  • Ahanaz
    Ahanaz Posts: 353 Member
    I will definitely try this as a boost for one week! This week is final, so I will start next week! I'd love to hear your continued progress from this! :D Thank you for sharing!
  • the 14 pounds is probably just the body using all it's back up reserves. once you eat more normally you will gain back a majority if not more. also, it doesn't sound very blanced. i started my weight loss trying to eat as very little as i could. i was very weak and couldn't excercise. once i started just eating in moderation, the weight came off, and my stamina shot up!!

we are all trying to lose weight, but it's about maintaining a healthy lifestyle long term, to be sucessful. this doesn't really fit the bill with long term sucess. it frustrates me from time to time, how slowly the weight comes off.... but i didn't get it overnight either. if something is too good to be true, it probably is.

(carbs can be your friend. i've lost 32 pounds without sacrificing my love of all things bread and potato)
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    I like the plan, but if your a vegetarian how would you follow it?? or is there a plan for vegetarians.

I think plans like this are good for a jump start, I do the 48 hour cleanse from Dr. Oz when i need to give myself a boost..
    Good luck and please keep us posted.
  • Ahanaz
    the 14 pounds is probably just the body using all it's back up reserves. once you eat more normally you will gain back a majority if not more. also, it doesn't sound very blanced. i started my weight loss trying to eat as very little as i could. i was very weak and couldn't excercise. once i started just eating in moderation, the weight came off, and my stamina shot up!!

we are all trying to lose weight, but it's about maintaining a healthy lifestyle long term, to be sucessful. this doesn't really fit the bill with long term sucess. it frustrates me from time to time, how slowly the weight comes off.... but i didn't get it overnight either. if something is too good to be true, it probably is.

(carbs can be your friend. i've lost 32 pounds without sacrificing my love of all things bread and potato)

Thank you for showing your concern for your fellow MFPs. I do agree with you that loosing too much too fast is not healthy, but here are my thoughts on this specific plan.

First of all, it's only one week you do this menu.
    Secondly, I have eaten like 3200 cal / day before I started on MFP just over 1 month ago. I have plenty of reserves I need to get off. As I said, I'll use this to boost my weight loss and loose those first pounds. Then I will go back to my normal menu as it is now, to eat at 1470 (my BMR). If you keep a controlled intake when you start eat normal again I don't think you will gain back too much. Maybe first week, but not all of it.
    I will try it, and if I feel too weak/not well from it I'll just break it. But there is meat, there is proteins and fruits and fish. I believe it's some kind of detox diet.
  • Ahanaz
    I like the plan, but if your a vegetarian how would you follow it?? or is there a plan for vegetarians.

I think plans like this are good for a jump start, I do the 48 hour cleanse from Dr. Oz when i need to give myself a boost..
    Good luck and please keep us posted.

Any link to the Oz cleansin?

I guess you can substitute Tofu or similar?
  • mmreed
    mmreed Posts: 436 Member
    doesnt seem healthy. too low of calories, terrible macros, I would think you are also losing muscle in this somewhat starvation diet. Even if its just a week, its a week of damage.

It would be like using premium oil in your car, then one week using dollar store oil, and only half what the engine needs... sure it will run... for a bit till it locks up and dies.
  • Began this today, how did it work out for you?:smile:
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Began this today, how did it work out for you?:smile:

My guess is not so good.....OP never came back to give an update on this thread from June 2012.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Ridiculous.
  • lizfiz50
    lizfiz50 Posts: 179 Member
    My guess is that it was all water weight you lost... there is not magic bullet. Diets that make you lose weight that fast are bad for your internal organs and result in eventual weight gain.
  • pboyra
    pboyra Posts: 1
    I'm at a stand still in my weight loss goal. I will try this diet for one week, go back to norm call intakr the next and swtich back to the diet and back to my norm for a month starting June 30th and keep you all posted. see ya next week.