Overnight Oats

Options
TeriaShae
TeriaShae Posts: 144 Member
Does anyone have any recipe for overnight oats?
I have instant oatmeal, which sucks I know... but that's all I have at the moment.
& I have some cocoa powder also that is unsweetened to add to it.
Help please. :)

Replies

• Jess__I__Can
    Jess__I__Can Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Add some almond milk and greek yogurt. Also, there's this: http://www.buzzfeed.com/arielknutson/overnight-oat-recipes-oatmeal-cold
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I do:

1 cup rolled oats
    1 container non-fat greek yogurt
    1/2 cup milk
    2 scoops protein powder

I use the above as a basic recipe - I can't stand mine runny, so these are nice and thick.

To it, I'm currently adding 1/2 cup chopped frozen raspberries and about 2 tbsp grated dark chocolate (but you can experiment). It makes 2 servings, 478 cals, 46 grams of protein, 59 carbs, 7 grams of fat.
  • br0hammer
    br0hammer Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats mix in almond milk put them in the fridge . After cold I add more almond milk, sliced almonds , fresh sliced Strawberys, and either maple syrup or sugar free syrup. Taste like dessert all day long.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Cookie Overnight Oats - 2 servings

1 cup Unsweetened almond milk or low fat milk of choice
    1/2 cup Plain or vanilla low fat Greek yogurt
    1/4 cup Peanut flour (aka PB2) (or 2 tbsp peanut butter melted in the microwave)
    2 packets of splenda or stevia
    1 cup Old fashioned oats
    1/4 cup Protein powder
    Pinch of salt

In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients together. Divide between 2 small bowls or mugs. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    1 cup oats.

In a bowl, add enough grapefruit segments and juice to make a sloppy mixture. Leave overnight. In the morning, swirl through some Greek yoghurt, and top with linseed and walnuts.

I don't like my breakfasts too sweet, so this one is crunchy and sharp.
  • TeriaShae
    TeriaShae Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Yummmmm, maple syrup!
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I usually three jars on Sunday evening so I have at least a few to go breakfasts for the week.
    1/2 C old fashioned oats
    1/2 C Fage greek yogurt
    1/2 C almond milk
    1/4 tsp chia seeds
    Above is the base.

Then sometimes I add either 1/2 c unsweetened applesauce and cinnamon and 1 T chopped walnuts or 1/2 c mixed blueberries and either strawberries or raspberries. My new kind of comfort food! I like mine more liquidy than pastey.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I put steel cut oats in the crock pot with water, milk, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon and chopped apples (on top so they get crispy and it tastes like apple crisp).
    Even with steel cut I find overnight in my crock pot is too long so I usually just cook them the night before for four hours. I can't imagine putting instant oats in my crock pot. Why not just cook up a bunch of individual portions (in ten minutes) and reheat in the morning?

Oh, nm^. I always think of crock pot when I think over night :blushing:

:embarassed:

I do like to mix a tbs of instant oats with a cup of Greek yogurt and a teaspoon of honey, but I guess that's more of a Greek yogurt recipe than an oatmeal recipe:)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I use steel cut oats:

1 cup of steel cut oats

4 cups of water

Add this to your crock pot on low for about 4 hours. Then I separate into freezer containers, about 6-7 days worth of meals.

Then I add chocolate protein powder and Greek Vanilla Yogurt to my oats. Enjoy. :flowerforyou:
  • RosanaRosanaDana
    RosanaRosanaDana Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Absolutely I do. In fact, on Sunday night I make a week's supply for my hubby to take to work. No cooking involved. You can make it with quick oats but it really should be whole oats. This recipe will be for 1 cup, it can be multiplied to as many as you choose.

1/3 cup Oats
    1/3 cup Almond Milk (really whatever milk you choose, we use almond for this)
    1/3 cup Yogurt (we use Stonyfield Low Fat Organic Vanilla)
    Add your favorite frozen fruit (any will do but our pref is Cascadian Farm Organic Blueberries)
    And add anything else you like in your oatmeal, flax meal, nuts, seeds, honey, etc. . .