The thread that motivates, because we stay motivated.

Options
Hello everyone on MFP. First, let me begin by congratulating you for still being here, logging in, and having streaks. Second, I would like all the CONSTANTLY MOTIVATED PEOPLE who have the inner natural desire to continue to transform and maintain their healthy bodies on their own day to day and year after year to post and summarize their general mindset and motivational strategies. I am hoping all of this concentration of unwavering focus on motivation will spread out to all those who need it from others in different ways.
What sparked this idea is I am surrounded by people who don't have the motivation to control two seemingly simple concepts through recurring behavior that make all the difference: diet and exercise. I am alone in the gym, to the gym, and out of the gym, and there seems to be nothing I can do to help those around me who stay out of shape year after year and complain about it. Ok, I'm done talking.

Replies

• QuiznatoddBidness
    QuiznatoddBidness Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I feel motivated because motivation causes me to want to motivate others as well as provide motivation - and inspiration! - to myself.

Richard-Simmons-Rep-Denies-He-s-Ill-2.jpg
  • sphinxdust
    sphinxdust Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Ok, kind of a feedback loop thing, maybe too deep and subjective to work for motivationally challenged individuals, unless of course you can just show up at everybody's house like a little Richard Simmons. And that pic is disturbing.
  • sphinxdust
    sphinxdust Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'll start.
    I motivate myself by examining what state I consider myself in physically before a workout. Am I on the ball? Am I falling behind and it shows because I'm getting flabby or losing muscle in certain places? Am I too tired from various things, including previous workouts? Have I eaten enough today before the workout, and do I need to? What will I focus on during my workout, and how much does that excite me to get it done?
    After questions like these, it's all about attitude and aggression to go and get done what my mind and body are yearning for, because I will be overjoyed during each little moment throughout the workout. I know my heart needs to start pumping hot blood through every vessel and organ to make me feel better than I've felt all day to last me into the next day or days if necessary.
    And, if I don't, I'm just like every other couch potato that doesn't even have a gym membership. These general thought processes motivate me from motionless to highly active and glad about it.