Need help being held accountable to lose baby weight

I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy 3 months ago and I'm loving being a mom. Loving my body? Not so much.

When I was pregnant my appetite significantly increased and I literally felt starving all the time. I ended up gaining 75 pounds and ive only lost 15 so far.

I am currently 198 pounds, about 70 away from my goal. With a new baby its easy for me to find excuses for why NOT to exercise. That needs to stop now. I've started today logging my food and will go from there. I'm limited to my home to exercise but I know I still can do it. I just need a little help being held accountable.

If anyone else is the same, please offer advice. I really need the motivation. Friend me if you would like motivation from me as well. I have no friends anymore so I am looking for someone on here to keep each other on track.

Replies

• cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    You are starting at the right time!!!!
    My "baby" just turned 22. I gained 70 lbs when pregnant. And another 70 after that. I am down about 50 at this point. I have found that the net calorie report helps the most. If I stay below the red line I know I am good and the scale reflects it.
    Good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    home exercise is fine, look for videos on youtube or buy some exercise equipment whatever works for you :)
    eat healthy and in moderation, exercise as much as you can
    drink plenty water
    avoid junk/processed/fast food/oils

goodluck :3
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    You just have to do it. It's going to be easier to get on it now rather than wait. I wish I had gotten my butt in gear after I had my kids instead I just gained more.
    There are exercises I have seen that you can do with your baby.

http://www.parenting.com/gallery/exercises-to-do-with-your-baby
    http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/fitness/mom-baby-exercises-0811#slide-1

So you are spending time with them and losing weight. And as your baby gets older you can go on walks and bike rides. Heck, you can put the baby in a stroller and walk now!
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    YouTube has a TON of workouts that you can do that are around 20-30 minutes, and they range from strength training/calisthenics (using your own body weight) to cardio. And they are free.

I live in a teeny, tiny town, and we don't have a gym (yet). I do a ton of walking, biking, and when the weather is crap, I use the internet to find good workouts.

Good luck! Feel free to friend me. I have two kids - 11 and 9, so no babies...but finally losing the "baby weight." :wink:
  • Rabid_Hamster
    Rabid_Hamster Posts: 338 Member
    First, welcome aboard.

Second, having someone else on your tail definitely helps with the motivation. You still need to find a reason or goal as to why you are doing it too. Just because someone is nagging you isn't going to help you get off the couch. Maybe it's get your beach body back. Maybe it's for a special vacation. Maybe it's to be healthy so you teach your new son how to be healthy too. The more reasons you have, the better you'll feel about doing this because you know you're actively working towards that goal

Third, log everything! whether it's here, on a spreadsheet, a scrap of paper, or another like minded website/app, if you don't track it, you won't know exactly what you're consuming when you eat or how exercising can help you reach your goal. Even if you know it's really, really, REALLLY bad ... log it. Knowing how bad it is makes it easier to correct for it.(like exercising harder/longer for the next week to burn it off.)

You're young so it'll be a bit easier to kick your metabolism into gear. You can do this!
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    No baby here, but I know the struggle of not being happy with yourself. You've done the right thing by starting on here, and I'm happy to help with any advice or motivation you need!

My best advice is to track everything, read through the posts on here for ideas and information, and learn how to eat things you like while dieting, such as finding new foods or leaner ways to eat your favorites.

Best of luck!
  • Exercise and diet are essential and must work together to lose weight. Consistency is the key. Keep up the good work. It is important to keep up your target heart rate while completing cardio exercises to lose the maximum amount of weight. It is not always the activity you do to lose weight but how often and the areas you wish to work on. Check out: http://www.nocardioremedy.com for a FREE Ebook "Beautiful Body Essentials" which details more effective exercise techniques that will help you lose weight.
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Hi! My name is Kim and my weight loss journey began two years ago. I was at my heaviest (225) and things were not good. I couldn't keep up with my kids, I was tired all the time, and my doctor told me that my cholesterol was on the rise! I decided something needed to change. I started walking, and eventually doing some weight training. I am down over 75 pounds! I feel so much better, and I love supporting and encouraging people to do the same. I would be happy to be an accountability partner with you. I still have some weight to lose, so we can work at it together! Getting your nutrition under control is a big key to losing weight. I can share what has worked for me if you are interested. If you work hard, I know you can reach your goal! So what do ya say? Are you in?