Ladies, what are the sexiest shorts for men to wear?

Options
First off, happy Summer everyone, it's finally here in the Northern Hemisphere. Now, I'm actually behind on obtaining summer clothes! I am embarrassed to say I only have two pairs of shorts, both for working out at the gym, so basically I have zero shorts style goin' on right now. So I need to ask the experts, women who lust after men both subconsciously and consciously, which shorts are the best in your opinion to see on men? Let's not make this a rant on horrible shorts, like cargo camo shorts recycled every year like some kind of BBQ Grill Commando, I refuse to wear them. It also may expose most men as careless walking catastrophes when it comes to shorts and footwear that go with shorts, but maybe we can all learn from this. If we come to some consensus on what is clearly a go, I will be running out to buy some shorts, finally, and staying motivated about looking and feeling great in them.

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Please don't wear those horrible long shorts, a la basketball style that just make men look like they have extra long bodies and stubby shins & feet below them. A strong pair of legs in mid thigh hiker/climber shorts in canvas looks pretty darn good to me, just don't go too crazy with the cargo pockets. A good pair of board shorts is great too, again, just above the knee. Of course this means that there has to be 'leg days' at the gym, guys.... so smarten up - you know who you are...

spelling edit
  • yesterdayusaid2morrow
    Options
    I'm not about to win any awards as a fashionista considering most of my days are spent in workout clothes (don't judge y'all, I've got toddlers to wrangle) but I like nice pinstripe or simple plaid (avoid super plaidy kilt fabric) shorts, the straight fit linen kind. Nike makes some nice ones, my fiance has a few good pairs from them. Pair with a simple patternless shirt and sandals and voila, you are looking like a silicon valley startup CEO! :D Good luck.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    board shorts or cargo kahki style- easy peasy lemon squeezy.

I hate pinstripe or plaid- only yuppie tools with popped collars wear them. I told my BF the day he wears a pair of plaid shorts home is the day he's finding a new girl friend.
  • theresalmadrid
    Options
    I think as long as you have shorts that fit, that's the best option. Although, I'm not going to lie--I love watching male tennis for two reason, one of those reasons being the game itself. :) Khaki shorts with a nice button up are awesome too!
  • Robynshay
    Robynshay Posts: 7
    Options
    Board shorts like Billabong ;)
  • yesterdayusaid2morrow
    Options
    Methinks some people are so judgy and vain. Sheesh, their shorts not morals or personality. My fiance is an adult so he dresses himself. Lmao
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Invisible
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Following....for science, yeah.
    I wear board shorts most of the time. Love'm for the beach and working out. But going "out" in board shorts isn't acceptable. First of all, no pockets. Second, they are swim trunks, seriously, even going out to lunch I don't want to wear my swim suit.
    Come on ladies, show me some pics what you think the latest fashion trends in shorts are/should be.
  • JamesBuchanonBarnes
    Options
    board shorts or cargo kahki style- easy peasy lemon squeezy.

I hate pinstripe or plaid- only yuppie tools with popped collars wear them. I told my BF the day he wears a pair of plaid shorts home is the day he's finding a new girl friend.

You are my hero.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I'm not about to win any awards as a fashionista considering most of my days are spent in workout clothes (don't judge y'all, I've got toddlers to wrangle) but I like nice pinstripe or simple plaid (avoid super plaidy kilt fabric) shorts, the straight fit linen kind. Nike makes some nice ones, my fiance has a few good pairs from them. Pair with a simple patternless shirt and sandals and voila, you are looking like a silicon valley startup CEO! :D Good luck.

I agree with your shorts suggestions.

I like khaki non-cargo shorts on guys.

Basically though if a man has nice strong sturdy athletic calves he can get away with any pair of shorts except extra long JNCO from the 90's ;-)
  • sphinxdust
    sphinxdust Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all the responses, and everyone is entitled to personal opinions, which is fine. I find it interesting that what is deemed sexy on a guy can differ among differing groups of people. I am not the type that would be wearing loud colors or pastels or plaids, nor the shorts that are so long they look like your long pants are too short. Something darker and earthy, but the cut and style would be more important, relating to fit. I agree that swimming trunks should not be worn outside of the swimming area unless looking like an ignorant lost child is the goal. I agree that too many bulky useless pockets are a bad style choice. And I don't wear boat shoes, sandals, flip-flops, toms, or slides. The search continues.
  • Shovelita
    Shovelita Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Right-below-the-knee ****ies cutoffs or shorts. With an inch or so of some decent boxers showing at the top.
  • sphinxdust
    Options
    Oh yeah, I forgot to say I don't wear underwear. It's uncomfortable.
  • Shovelita
    Shovelita Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Haha, I can't believe this edited me talking about a brand of work pants! Well I hope everyone can imagine what specific brand I was talking about.
  • sphinxdust
    Options
    Haha, I can't believe this edited me talking about a brand of work pants! Well I hope everyone can imagine what specific brand I was talking about.
    Ugh this forum is weird. Is it D1ck13s?
  • suiteblooms
    suiteblooms Posts: 100
    Options
    http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/1e/ad/4f/1ead4f087f05e9a4907158b8327f5c37.jpg
    Proper fit. not overly preppy, feminine, sloppy or "cool dude". Helps if you smell nice.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Cargo. With those handy pockets in case I'm out with a guy and don't feel like carrying a purse. Oh wait, we were going for sexy, not convenient beast of burden, weren't we? Oh well. I still like cargo shorts.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I like cargos. But I do not like camo!
  • sphinxdust
    Options
    http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/1e/ad/4f/1ead4f087f05e9a4907158b8327f5c37.jpg
    Proper fit. not overly preppy, feminine, sloppy or "cool dude". Helps if you smell nice.
    Yeah those look like real Nice Guy shorts. I could see how that would work on nice guys that smell nice.
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I think jean shorts can be sexy for men to wear. Cut-offs (but not TOO short) are good for casual occasions or something like these that can be dressed up or down depending on the shirt and/or footwear. Especially if the man has muscular legs. :)

erkak6.jpg