constant headaches!

Options
Hi there!
So I recently started to count my calories again and since doing so I have noticed that it is making me paranoid in terms of what I am eating and due to this I am consuming significantly smaller amounts. For the past couple of days I have eaten between 300-500 calories (per day) and I am feeling exhausted (whenever i do exercise I feel close to feinting) as well as having a persistent migraine. The weird thing is that I am no hungrier compared to when I was eating over the 1200 calorie mark, so it feels like I have just made a healthier change. Is it due to my diet change that I am feeling this way? And if so, is it healthy?

Replies

• DvlDwnInGA
    DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Why are you only eating 300 to 500 calories a day. Your food is your fuel and your body is running on empty. No wonder you are constantly tired and have headaches. You are starving yourself. Go eat something.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    This is NOT good.

Eat more, now that you know the outcome of eating too little.

Start to look at your cal goal as something to REACH rather than stay under.

Particularly the protein and fat targets. Look at them as finish lines you must CROSS each day.

Hope this helps.:flowerforyou:
  • purpleperdey693
    Options
    Definitely not healthy, there is a minimum amount of calories that our bodies need to exist. this will be different for every person as it is based on weight, height etc., mine is 1541 calories a day to maintain my weight. I have dropped this to 1200-1400 calories to lose weight. Generally accepted medical advice is that you should not drop below 1200 calories as it could be dangerous.

Please, please eat some more!
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    The reason you are feeling so awful and have headaches is that due to your ridiculously low calorie intake your body has entered a physical state called Ketosis (look this up online). Basically it has gone into shutdown mode and you should not do this without supervision from a doctor and monitoring of your blood pressure etc.

Go back to 1200 cals a day minimum and exercise to create a great deficit if you must but PLEASE start eating more.

Oh and see a doctor.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Calories are not the enemy! You need a certain number of them to fuel your body. Please at least eat your 1200. It's no wonder you are exhausted and have headaches. You need that food to survive. Your body can get used to those lower calories, so you may not feel the hunger… but you still should at least get your 1200.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Please go and visit your Doctor as you have issues that need addressing
  • GabriellaMaria
    GabriellaMaria Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    the lack of calories is causing the headaches, as you brain uses a huge amount , and this also affects your mood, cognitive awareness, and energy levels, and may cause you to feint...
    try to up the protein, and eat a good amount of things like avocados, and green veg...thatll help with the weight too..
    good luck.
    x
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    300-500 after exercise?!?! That's the cause of your headaches right there.

It could also be that you're not getting enough iron in your diet which I'm sure you wouldn't be if you're only eating 300 calories. So maybe see the doctor and get a blood test.
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    strong first post op

do i sense troll?

I was wondering the same thing...
  • xShreddx
    xShreddx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My source of headaches is low blood sugar. I also agree with a minimum of 1200 cals is needed.