Feeling alone in my weight loss journey, need friends!

Options
briprzy
briprzy Posts: 10 Member
Ok, so a little about me. I'm a new mom, my daughter is 15 months old and I'm married to the most wonderful man. I'm turning 27 next month, I live in a college town and work at a bank where I'm surrounded by gorgeous, young, size small ladies.

I love my family, my friends and even my co-workers, but being the only person that's 200 pounds and on a serious life changing journey, I'm feeling really alone. Everyone is supportive and encourages me to eat well and keep going to the gym and celebrates my small milestones, but it's not the same. I have another 50 pounds to lose before I'll be where I really want to be, and no one I know really understands how that feels.

It's even more sad to log on to MFP, track my food and my exercise and be the only one on my news feed. I'm a full-time mom and employee, so I don't have the time for long winded comments on 50 different people's statuses and updates, but I do love the like button and congratulating people on their small victories and encouraging people on their rough days. I would love to have friends that could do the same for me.

You don't have to have 50 pounds to lose! I'm just looking for people who don't think of dieting as skipping dessert for a couple days, or not eating McDonald's this week so they can lose a pound or two. This is a lifestyle change for me; I need to retrain myself on how to eat and be active! But it's hard when I feel like I'm the only one I know going through this.

Please add me! Thank you!!

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    If you want your newsfeed seriously clogged up then add me (I'll send you a FR) :)

I am at the maintaining stage of my journey but I have quite a few very lovely friends who are very supportive and you could also FR them too....the more the merrier.

Please don't feel at 200lbs you are the only big person in your town, that cannot be true.

Wishing you every success :)
  • stefani87uk
    stefani87uk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on pretty much the same journey as you, just getting into mine. I'm 27 and have a 30 month old. Got around 70lbs to lose. Good luck with your weight loss :-)
  • battink
    battink Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    hello, welcome. congratulations on your new little person!

I'm sending you a friend request - 'm in the UK so times might be slightly different but i'm on every day and my diary is open to friends :)
    x
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, ive been on here 906 days now and boy are you right about lifestyle change. After all this time I still struggle, up and down 5-10lbs but everyday I wake up I log on here and realize today is a new day, I am not the only one with this struggle to incorporate healthy eating and exercising. I will probably be on here for life now!
  • Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You can FR me, I log all the time, and will help you along the way and encourage you. I have about 30lbs to go to my target weight
  • Peaches160
    Peaches160 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm on everyday, I don't comment on everything but will provide support (if needed). But I most certainly would read your food diary :-p. Feel free to add me.
  • Peaches160
    Peaches160 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, ive been on here 906 days now and boy are you right about lifestyle change. After all this time I still struggle, up and down 5-10lbs but everyday I wake up I log on here and realize today is a new day, I am not the only one with this struggle to incorporate healthy eating and exercising. I will probably be on here for life now!

So true! Its really motivating to know that you are not alone with this struggle.
  • TLB86
    TLB86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I set myself new goals from Monday! I have re-calculated my calorie intake and have my mind in the game!

I lost 22lb originally but have slowly put around 5lb back on since xmas from greedy treats, birthdays and just because it's a bank holiday. I have decided that I don't like the look of the ticker sliding backwards so I have to do something about it.

If I want a treat and it's within my goals then fine but if not then bye bye Dimebar! I'm an alcohol and take out fanatic so won't stop having that glass of wine or salt & chilli chip!!!

Good luck and feel free to add me if you want to keep tabs lol
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. You may want to check out the forums - you can probably find a group with people on a similar journey and with similar interests, or a new moms group.
    Nancy
  • annajacobs1983
    annajacobs1983 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me- have a 7 month old baby and have 3 stone to loose. Could do with some motivation to keep me going!
  • Llelys
    Llelys Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there

We have a similar life story. I had a baby boy five months ago and I'm right at the 200 pound line and hating every minute of it. I too am trying to change my lifestyle, but it has been a difficult task. I love love love carbohydrates and that has been my challenge. I just got a personal trainer and have been attending as many zumba classes during the week while trying to find time to finish my school work, tend to my baby and my six year old, and my oh so cool husband. Accept the FR and we can walk this journey together. I know that it is not easy but with the proper support we can do it.
  • AMW47
    AMW47 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Feel free to add me too! I'm currently trying to lose 47 pounds and then I'm going to re-evaluate and determine where I want to go from there. I'm the only person in my life that is currently actively trying to lose weight, and it's been pretty hard since people around me don't really understand that this is a lifestyle change for me. Internet friends would definitely help! :)

PS. I have so much respect for mom's that are trying to lose weight. I know how hard this is for me as a single person, I can't imagine doing it with a family. You guys are awesome! :bigsmile:
  • briprzy
    briprzy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words and friends requests! It has been difficult feeling so alone I'm this journey and even though I'm doing well now, if I hit a snag its nice to have a great community of people to fall back on for support!
  • graci0221
    graci0221 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I'm on the same journey as well. I'm doing this as a lifestyle change not just to diet for a little while and then quit. I have two kids that keep me busy so I try my hardest to fit in exercise! So far it's going good. Anyway, I log in mfp everyday and try to encourage my friends. Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • twopeas2
    twopeas2 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm going to add you as my feed is very sad and lonely too Pls feel free to add me everyone! :)
  • kgeer31
    kgeer31 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 5yo and I'm still trying to lose her baby weight thanks to injuries and illnesses along the way. Happy to help and I'm soooo with you on the small changes (although I'ma dunkin donuts girl myself :) )
  • Tiamaria1010
    Tiamaria1010 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I don't have a lot of friends either--I only have one friend that posts everyday. I would love support too!!! :wink:
  • valleryfarms
    valleryfarms Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend! The more the merrier!

I am a mom to two wonderful boys who are growing up fast... one goes to college this year and one starts high school. I am on a journey to lose 100 lbs but have to quit drinking pop first. I'd love some additional support also!
  • anissa333
    anissa333 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You can add me. The more friends the more motivators!
  • valleryfarms
    valleryfarms Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend also, I have been on MFP for a while now but never really serious about it. Times are changing and time to get serious. Good Luck, we are all fighting the same battle!