Mum and a 5 yr old exercise?

Options
Hi all,

I do exercise during the week, times especially with work, on the weekends i find it hard to exercise, i am investing in a 'home gym' starting this pay day but i would like exercise activity ideas to do with my child if possible please?
My child will be 5 this summer, is NOT in any way over weight or lazy or unhealthy, its just something to do on the weekends together so we can spend time together, and i still get my backside moving.
My child cant swim very well (but goes to lessons) and i dont own a bike, but sometimes i 'jog' as they ride the bike. Walks are occasional as we live in an area which isnt great for 'pretty views' there is only one route and after a few weekends doing the same thing you can get a bit bored.

Anyone else beein in the same position or have any ideas?

Replies

• asdelmonte
    asdelmonte Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You can go to the playground. While your child is sliding, swinging, etc. you can do chin ups on the monkey bars, step ups on a bench, push ups, squats, sprints, etc. If you do them tabata style you will get a great workout. Just be creative. They may even want to join in with you.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I am a nanny so I do a lot of things with the kids at work. I work 12 hour days too so my weekdays I do not have gym time. My girls are 7.

Swimming (when kids were younger I would sit in shallow doing little workouts while they played, water is resistance)
    Going boating at a local lake (rowing)
    Hikes w/ a packed picnic lunch
    Rock Climbing
    Ice Skating / Roller Skating
    Playground (just play with them, the going up and down steps for slides, and running burns a lot more then you think)
    Zoo's (easy way to walk a few miles)
    Gymnastics (our local gym has open gym time for anyone to come, parents can play too)
    We have a local playground sales center, superior play systems, that has free play time where you can come in and "test" the things they sell including big trampolines.
    Skyzone, indoor trampoline center
    Bounce U, Bounce Town, or any bouncy place that lets adults play too.

Hope that gives you some ideas. :)