Loving my skinny clothes but hate my bikini body!

Options
So I am 42 yrs old...5'6 and weigh 126lbs and am maintaining. I am loving my new look and love being able to fit into skinny jeans and tight tops and have been feeling really really good with myself and have so much more self confidence thinking I can wear anything until tonight! We are going to the beach this weekend to see my family and friends. I just bought 2 brand new bathing suits in April for when my hubby and I went to Mexico. Of course I was still in the process of losing weight at that time...my bikinis were a bit tight at the bottom but I knew they would fit perfectly once I reached my goal but boy was I ever wrong. I decided to try them on tonight and the bottoms are kind of baggy and the bikini top is too loose. I know I should feel happy about this but I don't I just feel like hiding and keep covered up at the beach! I am very toned except for the little pouch of skin on my belly from having 3 children. My butt is gone as well as my boobs :-( And the more I think about it I think I looked better in my bikini when I was a bit heavier and didn't work out. I do kickboxing and have never felt better in my life so what is wrong with me? How can I love how I look in all of my clothes but don't feel comfortable in a bikini? I had no problem wearing a bikini when I was 132 lbs and did not work out. Perhaps I need to make an emergency trip to the mall to search for a bathing suit I feel confident in? Or maybe this is just all in my head? I really don't know so any advice anyone has I would love to hear it...I feel like I'm going through a mid life crisis or something lol.

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Get a suit that fits! It will make a world of difference.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Get a suit that fits! It will make a world of difference.

This. And if it's a budget issue, try Target. They have cute suits that aren't too expensive. My suits that I have from Target get more compliments than my pricier ones do :)

Congrats on your weight loss!
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'6", and honestly, I felt like I looked better in the 130s than the 120s. Right now I'm aiming for 135, maybe 130 at the lowest. If I were you, first I'd go shopping for a new swimsuit. If you find one you feel great in, problem solved. If not, I'd try to gain a few pounds, but muscle, not fat. Honestly, I'm not to that part yet, so I don't know how that works, but I'm sure people here can help if that's what you decide to do.
  • lorigrocks
    lorigrocks Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone...I don't want to spend the $$ on another new bathing suit cuz I just bought 2 in April but it will be worth it if I feel for confident and it fits properly. I will def try Target...thanks for all of your responses :-)
  • asdelmonte
    asdelmonte Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    For this weekend, buy a new suit.

For the future, start weight lifting. You can grow yourself a new butt!
  • awomaninsane
    awomaninsane Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Take the bikini's back and exchange for a smaller size. You'll look fab!