Meal replacements

Options
Hey I really am looking for something lik shakeology just a little less per shake. Anything close to same nutrition levels ? What shakes do you all like ? I might try and do shakeolgy 3 days a week making it more affordable and something cheaper inbetween I know everyone says it's not that much for a meal but my meals don't cost that much so to me it is a little high

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    ive never taken any meal replacements save the time that i got my wisdom teeth taken out, but i do have some advice.

skip the meal replacements and learn how to properly portion out your regular food items. meal replacements are just like any other fad diet, you more than likely arent going to continue with them for the rest of your life so chances are once you stop using them you will end up putting the weight you lose back on. a much more sustainable approach is to keep to whole foods rather than try to replace them with these shakes, after all all the shakes really do is make it easier to keep an accurate count on incoming calories
  • ChasesMumma927
    ChasesMumma927 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    True. Thanks
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with Shakeology but I'm assuming its a premade shake?

Protein powders in general are relatively cheap. I go with the Walmart brand (130cal, 30g protein) blended with 4c ice, 1/2c milk, and 1/2c Greek yogurt. If you let it blend up for a few minutes, it gets pretty thick and is quite filling. Sometimes I add in frozen berries or peanut butter. It's extremely cheap.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Back when I first started, I was a huge fan of breakfast smoothies. I could shove a bunch of fruit into my Bullet blender, and carry it with me into the office. Sure beat packing up a banana, a cup of strawberries and blueberries. And, I hate yogurt, and it's one of the few ways I can incorporate it into my diet.

Not exactly a "meal replacement" shake, but I loved it at breakfast. My favorite uses 1-2 bananas (depending on how hungry I am), strawberries and blueberries, and a cup of nonfat fruit yogurt. Calorie packed, full of flavor, and kept me full for a while.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I've been on herbalife shakes for about 4 years. I use a website that gives their 40% discount - www.herbaloft.com :-) Let me know if you want help picking stuff out for shakes! I love them - but not everyone does.

Pretty sure this falls under advertising:
    a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to; posts that contain links to offsite blog posts and social media. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.
  • ChasesMumma927
    ChasesMumma927 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • RyanG2106
    RyanG2106 Posts: 29
    Options
    Best advice I can give is don't do it. All you will lose long term is your money, as for nutrition, you cant beat good wholesome food, its cheaper too.

Also quite a lot of these shakes have some very questionable ingredients.

Avoid at all costs in my book.