Cardio with soar legs/but?

Options
HI Everyone,

I'm new to starting a strength training routine and yesterday I did a legs/butt day and today I'm pretty sore. Anyways, I'd really like to do some cardio today, but I don't want to overdo it or injure myself. Is it ok to do some cardiio or should I rest? Any suggestions on what to do?

Replies

• jmcnamar484
    jmcnamar484 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Oops! Realized I misspelled "sore" in the title :)
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    I find that light movement loosens my leg muscles after weights. If you're having joint pain the story might be different.

Try going for a light walk or a bike ride with a low tension setting. Take it easy, eat a few carbs (to reduce the lactic acid) and try a hot bath.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    What sort of sore?

Achiness in the muscles? Go ahead with caution.

Sharp pain in one area? Rest, or better, get medical advice.
  • loomatic
    loomatic Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's the "right" answer, but I've done cardio on days I was sore from doing a weight workout the day before. I don't think it made it any worse.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    If the weather is nice I will go for a few mile walk on my rest days, or if I am too sore from a good strength training session the day before to get anything out of going that day.
  • jmcnamar484
    jmcnamar484 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's definitely not a pull, strains, or joint pain. I can tell its just soreness from a new routine. Thanks for the suggestions everyone :)