maggiemay365
maggiemay365 Posts: 181 Member
:smile: Getting ready to start Optifast and trying to locate others

Replies

• NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    Hello
    I did a modified Optifast (2 shakes a day a meal and a snack) for 7 months and had great success. After 6 months of two shakes a day I transitioned to one and then after that final month I transitioned on to all food.
    You can friend me if you like.
    Just be prepared there a many on MFP who do not agree with Optifast, but you need to do what works for you and if you are doing it correctly and are supervised by a good Dr. you should do just fine.
    The most important part of it is learning about proper nutrition as you go so that when you do start to transition from shakes to food you already know what you should be doing. That is why I liked the modified version because I learned as I went combining shakes and food.
    Good luck.
    PS. I could only ever drink the chocolate, I couldn't stand the Vanilla FWIW.
  • sheamus12
    sheamus12 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am currently on optifast 900. I drink 4 shakes a day and drink lots of water. I am on my third week and I am doing it for a total of 12 weeks. :) Feel free to add me.
  • Leggylass
    Leggylass Posts: 215
    Options
    Im looking at trying this if i can't lose anymore via dieting.
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    I would like to know too. I have lost a lot of weight and just cant seem to lose anymore, no matter what I do. I go up and down the same 10 lbs over and over for the last 6 months.
    Maybe something I would think about doing. Friend me.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    tumblr_ml0ziiWBFf1rhxg1ko6_400.gif
  • zkjmum
    zkjmum Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm on it, not by choice, I was put on it by a surgeon to make my upcoming gallbladder operation safer. After the operation (in about 8 more weeks) I'll be returning to normal healthy weight loss strategies.

It does work though, as long as you stick to the plan EXACTLY. I'm 3 1/2 weeks in and have lost 22 pounds.