Weigh-In tips anyone? Morning or Night

Options
2»

Replies

• Noclaf68
    Noclaf68 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    In the morning, after you poo, before you shower.
  • want2behappy31
    want2behappy31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning after the bathroom & before I get ready for work everyday.
  • 2_FitNFab
    2_FitNFab Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday morning. After I sleep in a while and before I eat.
  • CoolDad67
    CoolDad67 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I take my "official" weigh-in in the morning right after I get up and take the morning RR break. Makes it easy to do it with just underwear before I get dressed.

Sometimes, I'll step on the scale in the evening before bed, but it is always a few lbs. higher then.
  • kimballard1966
    kimballard1966 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week (Thursdays) in the mornings before eating.
  • markscho
    markscho Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try not to weigh yourself more than once a week because your weight can go up/down by a few pounds during the same week.

I do weigh more than once a week...but for this reason exactly...weight will fluctuate a lot depending on hydration and exercise (post exercise muscles retain fluid)...so just once a week and you can get a distorted result

The answer is not to be hung up on short-term swings, but look at the trend. I weigh myself three mornings a week, always teh same ones, before I eat breakfast...Then I look at the weekly average
  • JMPhillips89
    Options
    I weigh in officially the same day every week. I have been told the best time to do so is in the morning after using the restroom. Naked works best
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, but only record my weight on the first day of the month.
  • Nic37013
    Nic37013 Posts: 17
    Options
    You guys are AWESOME!! Thanks!! Because of knee injuries I have a trainer twice a week (it's actually CHEAPER than my deductible & co-pays for PT!!) Can't wait to lay this on him: "Ok Jonathan- since you want to use your scale my friends on MFP say I should do this in the morning and naked. Sorry your scale is in the middle of the gym but majority rules!!" LOL And yes I am a big enough wise-"butt" to actually say this to him!!
  • CourtLloyd
    CourtLloyd Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I think if you weigh in at the same time, each time you'll be fine! I like to do it in the morning right after I use the bathroom! I think that helps a little bit..even if it is .1 of a pound!! :0) I do it naked as well before jumping in the shower!
  • adstott
    adstott Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    first thing in the morning is always my best weight.
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    every morning i'm home (rare). I prefer weighing daily but you take what you can get.
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Naked, in the morning, after I pee :laugh: