Hello from Cleveland Ohio!

Options
Well, I'm finally starting my first real diet and effort to get healthy - in my life. My photo is of my mom and me - my mom has been pushing me for over ten years to lose weight, and I have finally agreed. My wife is very supportive and has lost weight in the past - she has good discipline and can accomplish weight loss when she puts her mind to it. My weight (320 lb) is unhealthy and unattractive. So, here I go. I will not be killing myself - I plan on going slowly and trying to make lifestyle choices rather than achieve quick results. I work in a great restaurant in Cleveland that sells great food and great beers - this will be difficult! But, I look forward to reading and seeing your great stories and success and seeking inspiration every now and again. Here's to a fantastic 2011! Let's go!

Replies

• Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Welcome from over near Toledo:) I wish you the best of luck on your journey!!!
  • JimtheLizard
    JimtheLizard Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much - good luck to you as well!
  • Canonoch
    Canonoch Posts: 120
    Options
    Grew up in Eastlake, OH Good luck Buddy and great choice in making a life style change. Never think of what your doing as a diet. It is a lifestyle. It took me awhile to realize I can never stop eating and exercising. It is a new lifestyle we have to learn. Good Luck and you can do it. If you stumble it is ok just keep doing better by you. You'll make it
  • floozieq
    Options
    Lived in Mentor, Ohio for a long time. Now in California ... want to get a beach body but will be tough since I'm 63!! BUT I can get healthy. Good luck. Go slow and steady like the old toirtoise - you can do it!!!@:smile:
  • JimtheLizard
    Options
    Thanks - nice to hear from "locals"!
  • JimtheLizard
    Options
    53 lb! Great job!