Looking to make friends!

Options
sarahhos
sarahhos Posts: 24 Member
Hi! I'm Sarah, a 20 year old senior in college looking to lose about 70lbs. I've been back and forth with weight loss for what feels like my whole life. I've never been able to wear a single digit pair of jeans and that's kind of my push. I have a couple of inactive friends on MFP but I'm looking to see a stream of inspiration every time I log in. I tend to lose a lot of motivation if the scale doesn't budge one week, and I'm infamous for losing 20 pounds and then gaining it all back. I'm ready for my healthy lifestyle change and I'm looking for people to push and motivate me and people that may also need motivation. Motivating others helps to motivate myself. I've lost 8lbs since I've started almost 2 weeks ago. My ticker says 0. Not sure how to change that, I thinks it's from the first time I put my weight in for MFP about 2 and a half years ago and never did anything with it.
Anyway a little about me: I'm an art major. I am currently on a mission to read all of john greens books, I love netflix and I keep up with nearly 10 different shows, a couple of my favorites are glee, pretty little liars, and the vampire diaries. I've also watched other non "teeny bopper" shows like breaking bad and orange is the new black. I'm always up for checking out a new series. I mostly listen to pop music but sometimes I have days when I want rock, country, love songs, or rap. And I'm always down for some Michael Jackson.
I'm someone that doesn't want my life to strictly revolve around losing weight. I want to feel like I have a life while losing weight and I'm a believer in cheat meals. :)

Replies

• 87Djones
    87Djones Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I log daily now and used this site before to drop weight. Weight loss is all about the small progress which makes a huge difference in the long run.
    Its funny I just recently add MJ to my cardio playlist
  • dinadeee
    dinadeee Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    add me
  • SteshaNicole
    SteshaNicole Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me. I've been logging on and using this site to help me lose weight too. I'm needing 17-22 more pounds that do not want to detach from my body!! Grr. The more encouragement we can all get, the better.
  • lienn1
    lienn1 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I am new to this site and want to lose weight as well. I would love to make new friends and possibly find a support system. What inspire my decision to get back on track and attempt to lose weight is a future high school reunion. I know it sound vain but I honestly would not want any of my former classmates to see me at my current weight. I also realize I am missing out of life being overweight.
  • TheTinkerzz
    Options
    I added you! Among others in here! I am on daily, and very motivated at the moment!! Anyone else please feel free to add me, and we can motivate each other!! :)
  • dubbledizzle
    dubbledizzle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hey add me too :) I'd like to have some friends on here with similar goals
  • 19_84_jade
    19_84_jade Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ^^^ everyone :)
  • justcallmedave
    justcallmedave Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    happy for you to add me, very new here myself,
  • emmastack15
    emmastack15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have just joined my fitness pal today, hope you don't mind I have added some of you :)
  • sarahhos
    sarahhos Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I've added all of you. :)
  • charmedsooner
    charmedsooner Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request. I'm also looking to build a support system, so anyone who wants to can add me! :happy:
  • Owl600
    Owl600 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just wanted to say hello and that I'm adding you :)
  • tuckeychicken
    tuckeychicken Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I am always accepting friends I will do what I can to motivate you and help to keep you on track.:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • sheenajones801
    Options
    Hi you guy's I'm kinda new! I've been on and off on here but I'm a try to stick to this to keep me on track. :}
  • leahkayl
    leahkayl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I am starting again and would love to build up my support system on MFP.
  • anissa333
    anissa333 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me!!
  • jwat90
    jwat90 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Request Sent!