jm 30 day shred mfp input question

Options
I just did jillian m. 30 day shred dvd. How do you put that in mfp?

Replies

• m0dizzle
    m0dizzle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Do you have a heart rate monitor? That would be the most accurate way to log it.
  • kansas_km
    kansas_km Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    No I don't. Was looking to put it under HIIT but don't see that as a choice?
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Before I got my heart rate monitor, I logged it as circuit training, general. Be careful thought because after I started using my heart rate monitor I noticed that I was burning about 100 calories less then it I was originally logging.
  • pinktoesjb
    pinktoesjb Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I just used to log is as aerobics.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Before I got my heart rate monitor, I found peeps on MFP who were similar size/age/athletic ability/etc. (and who had HRM's for accuracy) to me and based my estimate of calories burned off theirs.

Good luck. :smile:
  • pipertargaryen
    pipertargaryen Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm only on day 6 and have been logging it a 23 minutes of circuit training. If there's a general consensus of what it should be logged in, I'll change it up.
  • lydiaannepage
    lydiaannepage Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Just add it as a new exercise - call is 30DS or whatever you want to call it - to calculate roughly without a HRM

30 day shred calorie burn - 3.267 calories burnt per pound every hour. Multiply by weight to get how many calories per hour you would burn and divide by 3 to get each 20 minute work out. ~ taken from Jillian Michaels website
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Before I got my heart rate monitor, I found peeps on MFP who were similar size/age/athletic ability/etc. (and who had HRM's for accuracy) to me and based my estimate of calories burned off theirs.

Good luck. :smile:

high five for working smarter, not harder! :drinker:
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Here's what I have read on this topic at MFP:
    Log 26 minutes of circuit training-general.
    Try using fitnowtrainig.com
    Most people say they once they a HR monitior they realize they are highly overlogged for this exerise program

I just use the Search tab. Enter 'JM 30 Shred how to log'. This will all be there.
    Good Luck!
  • kansas_km
    Options
    Wow...lots of good ideas! Thanks everyone!
  • Jaronfisher
    Jaronfisher Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't consider the 30 DS to be a steady state cardio exercise so even if you were using a HRM your readings are not going to be accurate.
  • kansas_km
    Options
    Just add it as a new exercise - call is 30DS or whatever you want to call it - to calculate roughly without a HRM

30 day shred calorie burn - 3.267 calories burnt per pound every hour. Multiply by weight to get how many calories per hour you would burn and divide by 3 to get each 20 minute work out. ~ taken from Jillian Michaels website

This works out good I think
  • LadyBos
    LadyBos Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Do you have a heart rate monitor? That would be the most accurate way to log it.

If you're serious about getting into regular exercise and not over-estimating your burn, this is the only way to go. A decent Polar heart rate monitor is about $100. I LOVE mine.