To much weight to quickly.

Options
Im loosing weight quicker and quicker and I'm worried ill loose to much to fast. I work out about 10 hours a week and i feel great but I'm loosing more then the recommended amount should i worry.

Replies

• be_AL
    be_AL Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Do you hurt? Feel sick? Starve yourself? If your body is not giving you adverse affects, you are fine. The more fat people have to lose, the faster it falls off... at the beginning. It slows over time.

Another factor is that we carry a LOT of water weight around. People can drop 10 pounds or more on the scale in a week with a sudden change in diet (a decrease in carbs mainly, because they make us retain water). If you are brand spanking new to fitness, you may still be in the water weight phase.

I'm not a large person. I went on a "no carb" diet last year and dropped 10 pounds the first week going from about 155-145lbs. Water weight. NOT fat.

Don't overthink it, just pay attention to what your body tells you.
  • Tmergen24
    Tmergen24 Posts: 12
    Options
    I lost ten pounds in water weight about a month ago so thats as much of a factor but i do feel great.
  • elizabethharper123
    Options
    If you feel fine, it is probably okay :)

Your body doesn't want to be overweight. It is literally trying to shed pounds :)

Congrats on the progress!!

Just to add, if you are seriously concerned, you could get your blood work done at the doctor's. If it would give you peace of mind, it might be worth it
  • IoveIy
    IoveIy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    As long as you're netting an appropriate amount of calories for your height and weight and drinking enough water, it's fine. :)

In my first week of dieting, I lost 3 lbs., but only .6 lbs. of fat. This rapid weight loss (which as you know is mostly water), will slow down over time and as you get closer to your goal weight.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    whats your height/weight/age, how many calories do you eat a day and how much have you been losing?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Based solely on your profile pic, you don't look severely overweight. Therefore, I wouldn't recommend losing it at the rate you are. The faster you lose, the greater percentage of that weight loss will come from muscle. You want to keep as much of that as possible and the best way to do that is through a modest deficit while eating .8-1g of protein per lb of lean body mass in addition to engaging in some sort of progressive resistance training program.

Eat more if you want to keep up with the exercise you're already doing and get your protein.
  • nesto610
    nesto610 Posts: 107
    Options
    Take it slow and don't fall into the trap that I did. I lost weight fast and I am not happy with my body composition at all. Looking at myself in clothes is a delight, however when I look at myself without a shirt on it is utterly depressing. My body fat percentage is insanely high and now I am faced with the dilemma of continuing to lose weight or start lifting heavy followed by a cut.

Trust me when I say that you should focus on weight training while SLOWLY losing weight. Do not cardio yourself to death while neglecting the heavy weights like I did. It will make you more depressed than you were when you started on day one.

Good luck!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Im loosing weight quicker and quicker and I'm worried ill loose to much to fast. I work out about 10 hours a week and i feel great but I'm loosing more then the recommended amount should i worry.

How much is too much? What's the time period?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    According to your ticker, you want to lose 42 lbs. Set your goal no higher than 1 lb. per week. The more slowly you lose, the better your chances of keeping off the weight.

For good, basic advice, read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants