Fitbit won't sync!

Options
Hi! I can't get my Fitbit Flex and MFP to sync. They did sync earlier today but then I deleted the exercise adjustment to try to resync it, and it won't work. I have uninstalled the Fitbit Flex and reinstalled and "attached" the app to MFP, but it won't work! :( Any suggestions?

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    MFP & Fitbit have had connection problems on & off since November. There's a huge thread in the Feedback forum, and dozens more in the Fitbit Users group.
  • Carolw12
    Carolw12 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've been having this problem today as well. Usually it syncs with no problem. So I guess the site is acting up.
  • peejaygee1
    peejaygee1 Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Same problem here...first time I've EVER had problems with it syncing. I've unlinked and relinked but it doesn't seemed to have fixed the problem. I guess we'll just have to wait it out and see.
  • seekingjoyandfitness
    Options
    Same problem here...first time I've EVER had problems with it syncing. I've unlinked and relinked but it doesn't seemed to have fixed the problem. I guess we'll just have to wait it out and see.
    Thanks for the responses. I have always been able to unsync them and then resync but for some reason today I have had issues. Is this something that it can resync and still hold my data over the course of a few days? For example, if my fitbit has not "sunk" in 3 days, how long does it hold that data?
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm not syncing tonight, which is annoying since I have 21,000 steps and if it doesn't sync, I'll end up over in calories. This is a good opportunity to get over my compulsivity.
  • peejaygee1
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I have always been able to unsync them and then resync but for some reason today I have had issues. Is this something that it can resync and still hold my data over the course of a few days? For example, if my fitbit has not "sunk" in 3 days, how long does it hold that data?

https://help.fitbit.com/customer/portal/articles/888097-when-does-my-tracker-reset-and-what-happens-to-the-previous-day-s-data-
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I've never had a problem and am not today, either. I log my food and refresh the page over there and my calorie total is immediately updated. I'm curious what is happening that makes you think they're not synching, when they aren't? Because that exercise adjustment isn't always there, right? By design, I mean. And it can come and go within a day as well.
  • seekingjoyandfitness
    Options
    It is the same today as well! Unable to sync (I can tell because it did not sync it with yesterdays). MFP please fix this.
  • seekingjoyandfitness
    Options
    Has anyone else had a problem with it today? I have contacted MFP but have not heard back...
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    What is yours not showing? Your food calories aren't showing up at Fitbit or your Fitbit Adjustment is not showing up here, or both? If it's just the adjustment, try logging some huge calorie burning activity at Fitbit and see if you get an adjustment here then.

I've heard that when you un-synch and re-synch your accounts repeatedly, it causes problems.
  • seekingjoyandfitness
    Options
    What is yours not showing? Your food calories aren't showing up at Fitbit or your Fitbit Adjustment is not showing up here, or both? If it's just the adjustment, try logging some huge calorie burning activity at Fitbit and see if you get an adjustment here then.

I've heard that when you un-synch and re-synch your accounts repeatedly, it causes problems.
    Oh man.. I did not know it caused problems- YIKES! I hope I did not mess it up too bad! It is not showing calories burned from fitbit on MFP? Does this make sense?
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    Yes. It doesn't show all your calories burned here. It only shows the number you've burned OVER your MFP goal. So it's normal for it to not show any early in the day or on sedentary days.

Log some food here and see if it shows up there. Then you'll know if it's communicating. Then log a huge workout session manually there and see if you see a Fitbit Adjustment here. You can delete it after.
  • seekingjoyandfitness
    Options
    Hi! So I think THAT is the problem! It shows my food from MFP on Fitbit BUT it does not show calories burned. I logged a huge burn of 3000 calories that I did not really burn ;) and it did not show up on MFP. What does this mean?
    THANK YOU for all your help!
  • peejaygee1
    Options

Both were not showing (i.e. food and exercise to Fitbit from MFP, or steps from Fitbit to MFP). Thankfully it's fixed now for me.
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    Here at MFP, if you go to Exercise, see the Fitbit Calorie Adjustment line? Click the little 'i'. What does it say?

Here is what mine says below. I can see from the data that it last synched at 3:43pm. But I have a 0 adjustment because my Fitbit isn't predicting I will burn more than MFP expects me to. 1579<1656, so no adjustment was earned. Make sense?

You're using Fitbit to measure your actual activity level throughout the day.

To accurately reflect any extra calories you're burning, we use this data to adjust your daily MyFitnessPal calorie goal.

This is how we calculate your calorie adjustment:

Fitbit Calories Burned
    Full Day Projection
    (Based on 1007 calories burned as of 3:43 pm) 1579
    MyFitnessPal Calories Burned
    Fitbit Calorie Adjustment
  • seekingjoyandfitness
    Options
    Here at MFP, if you go to Exercise, see the Fitbit Calorie Adjustment line? Click the little 'i'. What does it say?

Here is what mine says below. I can see from the data that it last synched at 3:43pm. But I have a 0 adjustment because my Fitbit isn't predicting I will burn more than MFP expects me to. 1579<1656, so no adjustment was earned. Make sense?

You're using Fitbit to measure your actual activity level throughout the day.

To accurately reflect any extra calories you're burning, we use this data to adjust your daily MyFitnessPal calorie goal.

This is how we calculate your calorie adjustment:

Fitbit Calories Burned
    Full Day Projection
    (Based on 1007 calories burned as of 3:43 pm) 1579
    MyFitnessPal Calories Burned
    Fitbit Calorie Adjustment

I can see on the MFP site that it shows 61 calories burned. However, I KNOW I have burned more than that on top of my goal for myfitnesspal. PLUS, the fitbit site shows I have burned 1700 and my MFP goal is 1320 calories so I don't think it has "synced" yet, because it did this am, but it did not sync it for yesterday. Thankfully, I am able to see how many calories I can eat on the fitbit site.
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    Read the message under the "i" closely. It tells you when it last synched and how it got 61. :smile:
  • seekingjoyandfitness
    Options
    For some reason mine is still not syncing and I contacted MFP days ago and have not heard back... Ugh!!
  • CMD76
    CMD76 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have been having the same problem for a week with my fitbit adjustment not showing on MFP.
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    Under the "i", what does it say for "last sync"? Mine says 9 minutes ago. It always is current. It doesn't always have an adjustment because that's not how it works but it always is current.