Back on MFP- gone for 8 months- looking for more friends

Options
I'm back! After a way tooo long hiatus (months)

I'm 27 and I want to finally reach my goal, ideally by my birthday or at least within the last 10 lbs.

Here is a recap of why I have been gone.
I moved back home and started a new job in September. I am currently back with the parents until the boyfriend can move back into town. My family schedule has been hectic so if I plan meals, more often than not it changes. I had been working long hours and there isn't an easily accessible gym to go to on my lunches like my old position. Thankfully have been able to move into two different positions within the company. Now I am doing something I really enjoy with less hours.

Since November, I have lost two grandparents and one great grandparent. Each one required a lot time/care, family time, hard decisions, family drama etc. The emotional toll it takes on a person is hard, I lost motivation, I slept a lot, and I constantly cried for weeks. I still have my moments but I am trying to refocus that energy into something else.

I have a personal trainer I see twice a week, but I need to do more.I also signed up for a full marathon in November (I need to take training more seriously). I have been running but not on a routine schedule. Accountability is going to be key.

I have slowly gained back 16 lbs. My work pants fit really snug, to the point I bought some summer dresses hoping to be able to fit in the pants again come fall. I am back on here for your encourage/guidance/advice/motivation. I love my MFP friends and would like to grow, you can def bet I will be there for you, to help reach your goals.

I am recommitted to doing it again, losing the 16 lbs plus 10 more to reach my ultimate goal! Message me if you want, thank you for letting me rant!

Replies

• anissa333
    anissa333 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I can always use more friends...anyone feel free to add me!!
  • Schafer1906
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm a 40 year old newbie to this site - but now a newbie to the yo-yo'ing of the pounds. Life happens, and it sounds like you've been through a lot lately - but it sounds like you're pulling yourself up by your boot strings, you know how to get it done and come fall you're going to be rockin' those work pants - and perhaps even smaller ones! :) Have a great day ! I'd try and "add you", but since this is just day two on the site - I'm not exactly sure how to do that. ha!
  • Justina0535
    Justina0535 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome back! I too just started again after being gone for around 6-8 months. Our family was stationed to Texas and it really threw me off. We had such a great routine and after adjusting to life here I found myself 20 lbs heavier, yikes! I'm committed to keep losing and see my goal and could always use new friends. Good luck to you on your journey and I am very sorry about the loss of your grandparents.
  • upmommyof5
    upmommyof5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me!! I welcome the extra support!! You can get back to where you were and can get to your goal!! You got this!!
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    you can add me. Will be training for a half marathon in November. Meet with a personal trainer 2 or 3 times per week. On here every day.
    It's so draining dealing with aging family members especially when they start having health problems.