When you lose weight,do you lose it in your...............

Options
Question for ya'll. When you lose weight, a lot of it will you also lose it in your calves? calfs? sp? sorry about the spelling! Is it normal to lose there as well as everywhere else? Just asking and hoping. Thanks.

Replies

• NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Yes, you will lose weight everywhere! I guarantee that if you are able to hit your goal, you will look like a completely different person on every inch of your body :)
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what you do when you exercise, also body type and what not. If someone drops a significant amount of weight, I would imagine they lose some from everywhere.
  • Dannyelle999
    Options
    Wow.....I had the same question. Will you still lose it in your calves if your work out is running?? Or will they just get bigger?
  • lordofultima
    Options
    You will lose fat everywhere, even when you exercise, your fat loss will be significantly greater than your muscle gain.
  • Procrastinator
    Options
    You will lose fat from everywhere but there are some parts of the body that loses more fat than others (that's genetics for you!)
  • helenbeee
    helenbeee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    yep
    calves and ankles :)
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've been losing it in my legs !
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    I think it depends on what you do when you exercise, also body type and what not. If someone drops a significant amount of weight, I would imagine they lose some from everywhere.
    This is not true. You can not target weight loss. You can "tone" certain areas but that does not target fat loss. Unless you are bulking up your calves.. but you would still be losing fat and replacing it with muscle. Over all, yes you will lose it all over your body. Different parts may come off faster than other parts. Everyone is different and yes genetics does play a factor. If you have muscular legs, they will likely stay that way. Be proud of your strength!! :) Keep at it!
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Likes other have mentioned, it depends on a number of factors.

For me? No, I wouldn't lose that much. Due to genetics or whatever, I do not gain all that much fat on my legs. It's mainly centered around my chest and stomach. My thighs and calves look really toned/muscular, comparatively.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    You will lose fat from everywhere, but perhaps a more interesting question is where do you lose fat the fastest. Eg for men, you usually put on fat fastest around the middle, but lose it from around there the slowest.

Also, where you focus your exercise has no bearing whatsoever on where you lose the fat.
  • downtownstazi
    downtownstazi Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    A lot of people lose weight in different places..but it will eventually be all over as you keep progressing along this weight loss party.. :)
  • rachel303
    Options
    When I lost all my weight last time I did lose it on my calves as well as everywhere else. I do think the job I had at the time helped though, I was a waitress and on my feet 12 hours a day 6 days a week.
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the input. I'm hoping to lose in my calves as I bought an awesome pair of boots but they don't zip all the way yet. I really want them to fit eventually!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you will lose your calves, too. When I first started out back when I was 191 pounds, my shoe sizes were all wide. Now I can wear regular width shoes. Also, I have to get my engagement ring sized...I mean, yay I lost weight, but boo I have to altar my ring. My stomach and butt are always slower to go than everything else...now if they shrunk as fast as "the girls" did, then I'd be in business, lol!