Plexus Slim

Options
Has anyone heard of it, or tried it? A friend from work is using it, and has actually lost weight/inches. (I helped her with measurements, so I physically saw the numbers).

She gave me a trial package, but I've not opened it yet. Figured I'd ask on here if anyone else had tried it.

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    If your goal is weight loss, all you need is a calorie deficit. Save your money.
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Goal is more inches than numbers, and less fatigue so I can actually get back to working out and feeling better. (chronic illness acting up)
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that sells it, and to be honest I think it is a waste of money.

Go to the Plexus website and look at the before and after pics. The before is close up, and the after is far away.... there is no real loss there! And the ones that do have loss, if you read through more they always talk about a calorie deficit. Please be very careful of things like this.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Goal is more inches than numbers, and less fatigue so I can actually get back to working out and feeling better. (chronic illness acting up)

I still say save your money. (Especially with a chronic illness) Your goals can be achieved without this product.
  • farscape428
    Options
    Plexus slim (the pink stuff you put in water and drink) has lots of online testimonials but there isn't any proof it helps long term weight loss. The drink itself might help some in the short term but as others have pointed out eating fewer calories is the most important part. Drinking PS without eating fewer calories wont work. Plexus Slim has several other products as well but many of these appear to be just lots of stimulants and as such, I feel people should talk to their doctors before using them.
    Here is one of several reviews on PS products that was written by someone who is not a distributor
    http://supplement-geek.com/plexus-slim-new-formula-review/
  • charlielight
    charlielight Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of women who have used it and it really helped them lose weight. My mom and her friends all do it. My mom has been drinking it for the past 3 or 4 months and she has definitely slimmed down. She fits in what were her "goal pants" now but I don't think she's lost a lot of pounds per say. One of her friends has lost almost 60 pounds in the past year doing just that, almost no exercise. From what I can gather though, it really just makes them more conscious of what they're consuming. My mom used to drink at least 3 cokes a day but now she drinks maybe one coke a week. That is probably why she's noticing a difference in her body but the point is that she has no desire to drink them. Plexus seems to curb sugar cravings and increase water consumption.

I've seen first hand the progress of people who use it but I don't think it's so much something that plexus is actively doing, it's just the change in their diet since starting to drink it. If you can hold off cravings and eat healthily on your own, I would say skip it. I tried it for a about a month and I did drink more water that jsut wasn't enough to warrant the price.

If you do want to use it I would look into being a sales rep for the stuff. With what you buy during a month under yourself, you would a pretty decent refund check to help balance the cost (and that's without anyone else buying from you).
  • MoJoPoe
    MoJoPoe Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am turned off by a FB friend heavily marketing this stuff, but I am about to use it to kick-start my weight loss.

I have been absent from MFP for a year. Last summer, I lost 20 lbs., logging food and jogging / biking / walking. I gained it all back. I was also taking Garcenia Cambogia, but likely a low-dose brand.

I can no longer jog. I am working on my 5 acre hobby farm for activity.

I am interested in anyone who wants to share Pink Plexus experience. (A different PP thread turned into hate games. I hope to just read about experiences here. Anyone is welcome to message me with comments, concerns questions.)

Whether it helps me or not, I will NEVER become a disciple / salesperson.

Many years ago, I achieved a large weight loss. I started that journey with Slim Quick (that also jazzed me up).

The most important thing for me seems to have a plan in which I believe. This time round, I am putting some faith in Pink Plexus. :ohwell: