Any fun (and free) workout ideas??

Options
So, I have been walking a lot and I just recently got dance central for kinect which me and my mom are playing religiously and LOVE! But I was just wondering if anyone else has any other fun things they do to lose weight? I spend a lot of time at my boyfriend's house and he doesn't have any workout games and we get tired of just walking. So any ideas?? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I use the exercise ball and do all kinds of bouncing and kicking games with it, it is almost like kickboxing but fun!!! I you tube any workout that I wanna try like Zumba and Belly dancing. Then add in my own music and do a variation of all kinds of moves and steps!!!!
  • Tara_Alesia
    Tara_Alesia Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I use the exercise ball and do all kinds of bouncing and kicking games with it, it is almost like kickboxing but fun!!! I you tube any workout that I wanna try like Zumba and Belly dancing. Then add in my own music and do a variation of all kinds of moves and steps!!!!

I like these ideas! I'm going to try them out, myself.
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    Awesome!! Dunno if I'm going to be able to get my boyfriend to do any of that, but he might enjoy watching! Haha! Thanks for the ideas!! :D
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    public libraries often have free dvd rentals even our regular video store (Family Video) has a section of educational and fittness tapes you can rent for free.
    turn on the radio and dance
  • bowserette
    bowserette Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Youtube actually has some decent exercise videos, if you know what to look for. I found a few beginning Zumba steps, and an old belly dancing video I used to own.
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm new to zumba but belly dancing is fun. I would go with a series they had on Fit TV called Shimmy. They break down the moves good and show you how to dance at the end of every episode from what u learned during the show.
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    I'm new to zumba but belly dancing is fun. I would go with a series they had on Fit TV called Shimmy. They break down the moves good and show you how to dance at the end of every episode from what u learned during the show.

I've heard about zumba recently... sounds like fun! What is Fit TV??
  • mutleyreid
    Options

Belly dancing should work great with my tummy! Great ideas I'll give them a whirl.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    exercisetv.tv has a lot of free videos. They range from beginner to advanced and there is strength training, cardio, et cetera.
  • helenbeee
    helenbeee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Swimming
    its really nice to float around together or you can challenge each other to races or play chasey in the pool sounds juvenile but it burns calories and is more than fun if you are playing with your boyfriend.

Challenges when youre home watching telly together where you give each other challenge a physical acvtivity challenge like situps or pushups.

Or you could join a Gym together.
  • floridabootcamp
    Options
    I play kickball every Saturday....I went to meetup.com and found a meet up group that is all adults and loads of fun. We are all running around like we are kids again. This site also has groups that meet for business, books, running or anything else that you can think of. The group dynamic makes everything more fun and easier to stick with!
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    LIbrary may have The Flirty Girl Fitness video and your boyfriend may like the lap dance aspect or may even get a stripper pole for you:laugh: :noway: jk... But seriously there are a lot of fitnesss vids at the public library. I like the swimming and kickball suggestions from others. Good luck.:bigsmile: