Going from obese to fit!

Options
Hi, my name is Debbie and I have to lose over 200 pounds! My story is a long and complicated one but if there are any others out there in the same place, I'd love to connect! :wink:

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Debbie! Best of luck to you. Here's some links to hopefully help you get started! :flowerforyou:

Log your food accurately and honestly. Go for 80% good choices the other 20% don't worry so much about. I eat lots of delicious food and have consistently lost. Keep it simple find a REASONABLE deficit: Most people do not need to eat 1200 calories to lose.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=logging+step+guide

Find an activity you enjoy doing - I found I love to ride my bike and lift heavy stuff :)

Here are 2 more threads that will help take the time to read them:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here
  • viva_la_mandee
    Options
    Hi there! I have pretty close to 200 pounds to lose as well. So, I know where you are coming from. You can do it!
  • MamaPochy
    MamaPochy Posts: 8
    Options
    I know you can do it too!
  • MamaPochy
    MamaPochy Posts: 8
    Options
    Thank you so much for these! I've been seeing a nutritionist and have come to realize that the more informed I am, the greater my chances for success!
  • JZVaught
    JZVaught Posts: 2
    Options
    So how are you doing so far? Please don't give up! Let us know what you are doing and how your progress is.:smile:
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you in your journey!
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Debbie! Best of luck to you. Here's some links to hopefully help you get started! :flowerforyou:

Log your food accurately and honestly. Go for 80% good choices the other 20% don't worry so much about. I eat lots of delicious food and have consistently lost. Keep it simple find a REASONABLE deficit: Most people do not need to eat 1200 calories to lose.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=logging+step+guide

Find an activity you enjoy doing - I found I love to ride my bike and lift heavy stuff :)

Here are 2 more threads that will help take the time to read them:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

^definitely listen to this and read the links.

You can do it!!♡ Best of luck on your journey and welcome :flowerforyou:
  • daystardawn
    Options
    Your choice to get fit is the greatest gift you can give to yourself and all those that love you! I gotta lose about 50 lbs, and I haven't ever had to lose 200, but I will tell you now, I have watched my mother struggle her entire life, and the reason I choose to get fit and stay fit, is because if I don't I am heading the wrong direction, and will end up with diabetes, and chronic pain like my mother. I am so excited right now, because my mom is joining me in the pool 3 days a week to train me for a triathalon goal I want to do. It is awesome because we are both getting in shape and inspired! I love your goals, and I KNOW it can be done! Get psyched every day, and rock so you can feel great!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • hollybugger
    Options
    Hi Debbie. I have 180 pounds to lose so pretty much the same boat. I have a wedding dress to fit into in under a year eek! but more importantly I desperately need to become healthy. Im 28 and have lupus which my weight is certainly not a help to by any means. Its tough to get up and workout and stick to my calorie count. You are not alone. Hopefully we can all tackle these demons together. I wish you the best of luck and strength on those days when it seems insurmountable. xoxo Holly
  • tracie999
    tracie999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie, i had 85lbs to loose, i've now got 33 to go, my sister has about 200lbs to loose and has so far lost 105 since last sept. We both read chris powell's choose to loose more and something clicked, its not a diet its a life change. Best of luck :happy:
  • PaulaKac
    PaulaKac Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie,
    I have close to 250# to lose, so add me as a friend and we can help each other
  • karlabranson
    karlabranson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I have about 90 lbs that I need to lose and just started recently. i am giving myself small goals. I am starting at 225 so my goal right now is 200. Once I hit that goal, then I will give myself a new one :)
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    When I started I had 160-170# to lose... I'm half way there in a little over a year. Here is a link to my one year anniversary on MFP:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1246548-1-year-progress-with-lots-of-pics

Good luck to you. Set small goals for yourself - 5# or 10# at a time. These are huge victories for me & keep me going to reach the next number.It may seem overwhelming, but stick with it & you will see progress.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best wishes on your WOE. So many informative members and motivating threads here so def' stick around.
  • jodynolte
    jodynolte Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie - it can totally be done! My brother has lost 170lbs using this site, and I have lost 72. If you make a change like this in your life, you will succeed. What ever your motivation is, keep it in your pocket each and every day as a reminder of why you are doing this. Mine is a teenage boy who needs me now and calls me mom (well, some other things on not-so-good days!). You can do this! Good luck and God bless!
  • verorod74
    verorod74 Posts: 1
    Options
    Take this journey one day at a time.....and on those tough days....one meal at a time.

If you hit a speed bump....drive over it as fast as you can and keep moving forward.

You can do this!

I believe in You!

Keep us posted!

"What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals" ~ Zig Ziglar
  • RJKontos
    RJKontos Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Excellent! The best decision you've ever made! Take it on step at a time and be kind to yourself. No one is asking you to lose this weight in one go; you'll get there because everyone here will support you but mostly because you believe in yourself. All the best!
  • Aellyn
    Aellyn Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Lots of encouraging advice - helped me too. :smile: I have about 140 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me as a friend to encourage each other.