130 lbs Down, Keeping motivated while it seems impossible!

Options
Hi guys!!
I am new to the "Social" side of mfp, and think maybe its about time to introduce myself! My names Chelsea, I began my weightloss journey about a year and a half ago. Since then I have had many personal obsticals that should have gotten in the way of my weightloss goals. My Ex- Husband went off the deep end and after 4 years of struggling to get him the psycological help he needed and after my life being indangered more times than I could count, I threw in that towel. Leaving left me feeling guilty, alone and for the first time in nearly 10 years, dependant on my parents. Then, while i figure im in the clear to move on with my life I go through the emotional and physical termoil of a miscarriage. Its bittersweet, but the girl who ALWAYS ate her feelings with extra toppings, the girl who thought walking 1 mile was damn near impossible.. that girl, she has completed many 5ks and now considers herself a very active person(And kind of a Gym Rat). Less than 2 years, and my life has been shaken like a wintery snow-globe! Whether your having trouble with personal problems, keeping motivated or just getting up and moving, we can all reach our goals!! Good luck everyone!! :)

Replies

• tracy_getsfit
    tracy_getsfit Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I understand what you are going through 150 pounds down now and life sometimes feels like a shaking boat. But I know that it all happens for a reason! Keep going your doing amazing.
  • AlyDyrcz
    AlyDyrcz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there Chelsea!

Congratulations on all that you have accomplished and overcome. Losing weight is hard enough on its own, but dealing with life circumstances too, can make any task feel impossible. I am hoping myself to lose a substantial amount of weight before I graduate in May 2015. When you get a chance, can you tell me more about your journey and how you got started with exercise? I have been tackling the diet portion, and walking, but I need to build muscle to help me burn, and feel stronger. Any tips for someone starting out and taking it seriously? Thanks and bravo again. #NailedIt :)

Alyssa
  • ErikaHope203
    ErikaHope203 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! You look great. Sometimes life contains obstacles that make us lose ourselves and even forget who we are for a while and what WE need. It's wonderful to hear how you've turned your life around and made fitness such a big part of your life! I am inspired just by reading your short blurb. I'll admit I'm lazy a lot of the time and exercising has never been something i've really enjoyed, but I do love the way I feel after a good workout...accomplished! Thanks for sharing your story. I'm new to the whole social aspect of MFP as well, but I"m trying to get a little more involved because I think it can only help me on my journey!! :)