Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    What?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Do you have a vagina, female reproductive organs (I can see you have breasts) and do you identify as female?

Congratulations, you already have a feminine shape and the shape you have is determined by genetics. You can tweek it with specialized exercise routines (recomposition) but, overall, what you have is what you have without getting into surgical alterations.

Damnit Brower. You beat me to it.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Your shape IS your shape. You cannot change the width of your hips or shoulders, your height (without shoes), how your muscles are attached, etc.
    You can "enhance" your look with lifting and body fat loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

This. You're going to get a lot further along in life by learning to love the body you have,than by trying to change it to something to you can't. Heavy lifting can give you some change along with body fat reduction, the muscle definition will increase if you do that, and your waist will show a little more. As you get older your body will naturally sharpen some; in the young there is natural rounding to the face and body. I'd stay away from things like Spanx and butt shapers, and just learn some fashions tips that enhance your natural shape. You'd be amazed how learning to dress can make a huge difference in your look.
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    No masculinity there. Nice curvage. :D
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I assume you mean- how do you get your banana/ruler shape to turn into an hourglass?
    Answer- you can't without surgery.
    I have the ruler shape/boyish/banana/straightish.
    1. Become content with your shape.
    2. improve what you can. (Bigger butt muscle, maybe work on shoulders)
    3. don't get caught up in what makes a female shape...female.

What banana shape? She has a defined waist.

This lady has a banana shape:

miss-indiana-kate-upton-body-1.jpg?crop=top&fit=clip&h=500&w=698
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    1460433907_1395391463.jpg
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters - you look feminine!

But I think I also understand what you're saying. You do have something of the "rectangle" shape (probably the most common female shape) - hips and bust almost the same, and waist is smaller, but not enough to qualify as "hourglass." The standards are silly, but in society we've come to see hourglass as the most feminine.

As Ninerbuff said, your shape is your shape. You can't do much to change it, aside from surgery. But there are some things to give the look of a more hourglass figure, if that's what you want. Lift heavy weights. Yep, lifting will give you a feminine look. It'll help reduce body fat % so the waist may slim down. You may also get a bit broader look in the shoulders (assuming you have a build for it, there, but a bit of muscle added in the chest and shoulders can help) and a nice, round booty from squats and deadlifts and such. For me, at least, it gives a bit more of the illusion of a narrower waist, although again it depends on your build. (Look into a compound lifting program if you're interested).
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    you look like a girl to me...
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Do you have a vagina, female reproductive organs (I can see you have breasts) and do you identify as female?

Congratulations, you already have a feminine shape and the shape you have is determined by genetics. You can tweek it with specialized exercise routines (recomposition) but, overall, what you have is what you have without getting into surgical alterations.

Tis my goal to make your points for you before you get the chance. Mwahahahahahaha!
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    you are very shapely and fortunate. I have inverted triangle body type, larger top and smaller hips that is often found in the male form but if you seriously want to enhance your shape might i suggest belly dance drills? it will tone your obliques and hip muscles perhaps this is what you were looking for?
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I was expecting something masculine-facial hair, large shoulders, narrow waist, narrow hips, muscles, hairy chest & extremities.

You have a serious body image problem.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Tis my goal to make your points for you before you get the chance. Mwahahahahahaha!

*pout*

tumblr_libyjym9zM1qe8a0fo1_500.gif
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I was expecting something masculine-facial hair, large shoulders, narrow waist, narrow hips, muscles, hairy chest & extremities.

I expected to see

2ps1w14.jpg
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • PikaKnight
    Options

I expected to see

2ps1w14.jpg

tumblr_static_robert-downey-jr-bites-lip.gif
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    No masculinity there. Nice curvage. :D

Agree with this and the "would bang" comment...
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options

I expected to see

2ps1w14.jpg
    To this I would simply say "Keep doing what you're doing.....*drooool*"

Edit: I didn't realize how ripped this man was.. damn.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

I expected to see

2ps1w14.jpg

tumblr_static_robert-downey-jr-bites-lip.gif

Me, plus these two guys would equal fleeting and momentary happiness... but still happiness. My husband wouldn't even be mad, he'd be impressed.
  • purple357
    purple357 Posts: 4
    Options
    I agree with the other posters - you look feminine!

But I think I also understand what you're saying. You do have something of the "rectangle" shape (probably the most common female shape) - hips and bust almost the same, and waist is smaller, but not enough to qualify as "hourglass." The standards are silly, but in society we've come to see hourglass as the most feminine.

As Ninerbuff said, your shape is your shape. You can't do much to change it, aside from surgery. But there are some things to give the look of a more hourglass figure, if that's what you want. Lift heavy weights. Yep, lifting will give you a feminine look. It'll help reduce body fat % so the waist may slim down. You may also get a bit broader look in the shoulders (assuming you have a build for it, there, but a bit of muscle added in the chest and shoulders can help) and a nice, round booty from squats and deadlifts and such. For me, at least, it gives a bit more of the illusion of a narrower waist, although again it depends on your build. (Look into a compound lifting program if you're interested).

Hmm this is interesting, I do some weight training but not heavy at all. Maybe I just need to kick it up a little bit. Thank you!
  • TutuMom41
    TutuMom41 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Fishing for compliments level 9000.

attachment.php?attachmentid=183864&d=1353940275

lol