i don't know the calories of cous cous

Options
i really want to make some cous cous at home but the pack says the calories per 80g cooked and 100g cooked
so i dont want to weigh the food once i cooked it because i will probbaly make to much and i dont want left overs but i can't see a packet of cous cous that says the calories raw uncooked
by the way im in london/uk so i wont recognise and american brands

Replies

• Stuart107
    Stuart107 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Try http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/couscous-dry-20028 (there's both "1 cup" and "100g" servings).
  • jess17587
    jess17587 Posts: 153
    Options
    and i dont think generic would count for all shop brands because there are different types of cous cous?
  • Stuart107
    Stuart107 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    and i dont think generic would count for all shop brands because there are different types of cous cous?

Perhaps, but it is 376 cal/100g and since couscous is basically carbohydrate/protein both of which have 4 cal/g it's not going to be far out... Also don't fall into the trap of spurious accuracy since all measurements, whether weight, calories, etc., have a degree of uncertainty so at the end of the day you can only do the best you can with the information available.

Of course, if you'd mentioned the brand in the original post you might have got brand specific information :smile: .
  • jess17587
    jess17587 Posts: 153
    Options
    ok thanks