OT - color

Options
What color is your living room?
Do you like them? Do they reflect you?

Mine is neutral walls(white & pickled pine), sandstone pink/beige tile floors with maroon and chartreuse.

I never meant to choose those colors, they just sort of happened due to our tight budget. Maroon silk drapes over a 20 foot wall of glass, accent wicker chairs and a table in chartreuse. However, I like it and am am happy in the living room. It is simple and airy. The sofa has both colors in it.

This vase is approximately the right colors.
1259868171_c408db384c.jpg?v=0

3%20trays-tn.jpg

Replies

• jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    What color is your living room?
    Do you like them? Do they reflect you?

Mine is neutral walls(white & pickled pine), sandstone pink/beige tile floors with maroon and chartreuse.

I never meant to choose those colors, they just sort of happened due to our tight budget. Maroon silk drapes over a 20 foot wall of glass, accent wicker chairs and a table in chartreuse. However, I like it and am am happy in the living room. It is simple and airy. The sofa has both colors in it.

This vase is approximately the right colors.
    1259868171_c408db384c.jpg?v=0

3%20trays-tn.jpg
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I live in an apt, so they are white. Blah. We decorate them as much as possible tho so they aren't so drab.
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Oh, you wnat to talk about colors . . .okay. I live in a rented house, in the country, almost a year now. The living, family, kitchen, baths, and all bedrooms but one is putty colored. But the office, man they went crazy in there. Sunshine yellow and green (the colors behind in my pic), that's a fun room! um, that was sarcasm....:wink: Best of all, we have fabulous wallpaper borders in almost every room. The american flag in the master bedroom looks down at us every night! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my country, but come on - in the bedroom! Even the hallways have stupid borders up, ugh. :noway: Otherwise, I would've painted already....but it wasn't worth it for a year lease. So, my countrified house has character, yeah that's it! :laugh:
  • angelajiniel
    Options
    Two of our walls are a light brown/tan color, I can't remember what it was called, and the other two have fake stones on them - gray with other colors mixed in for texture, it looks and feels like a castle. We bought the house that way and decided to keep them! The carpet is a red color, but I want to change that.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Right now, the walls are white... nice and clean :) But we're thinking of remodelling the whole house, and then putting some color on the wwalls. But we have a *lot* of very large art pieces too...
  • battykatty2002
    Options
    My living room is a off white pinky colour with a red chimney breast, red curtains, cushions etc, cream throw's over couch (cover cat attacks)

I wanted something bright that would wake me up in morning.

My bed room is turquise and white with chocolate brown, which is nice and relaxing
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    uhhhh my color scheme looks like this....(and yes i took pictures) lol
    There is like a greyish blue on the walls and all my furniture is the dark wook like on the picture frame, and all the trim is white

2008_03180002.jpg

(this is my oldest child:heart: )
    My couch is green and i have lamps that are green.... in this pic though the walls look bluer than they really are.... the color is more like in the other pictures
    2008_01020015.jpg

and as i said all my furniture is in the dark wood color....i love the combination...
    2008_03180003.jpg

but i am one of those crazy people ... i have to paint like once a year ,...... the next color is gonna be a green sort of like the couch color but lighter....
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I live in an apt, so they are white. Blah. We decorate them as much as possible tho so they aren't so drab.

same here.
    And Im a guy, so i dont decorate them, lol.
  • jlwhelan1
    Options
    There is like a greyish blue on the walls and all my furniture is the dark wook like on the picture frame, and all the trim is white

I love it, very pretty.
  • jackeh
    Options

I love it, very pretty.

:heart: :heart: thanks
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Oh, you wnat to talk about colors . . .okay. I live in a rented house, in the country, almost a year now. The living, family, kitchen, baths, and all bedrooms but one is putty colored. But the office, man they went crazy in there. Sunshine yellow and green (the colors behind in my pic), that's a fun room! um, that was sarcasm....:wink: Best of all, we have fabulous wallpaper borders in almost every room. The american flag in the master bedroom looks down at us every night! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my country, but come on - in the bedroom! Even the hallways have stupid borders up, ugh. :noway: Otherwise, I would've painted already....but it wasn't worth it for a year lease. So, my countrified house has character, yeah that's it! :laugh:

Seriously, what were thinking in the 80's with all the dern wallpaper???? :noway:

We've lived in our house for 4 years now, and the people who lived there before wallpapered everything!! :explode: Not just wallpaper...but they wallpapered a base layer then the wallpaper directly on the drywall!! It's the biggest PIA to get off. :angry: Our dining room is the last room to go, but it'll have to wait a while longer. :grumble:
  • soup78
    Options

2008_03180002.jpg

My couch is green and i have lamps that are green.... in this pic though the walls look bluer than they really are.... the color is more like in the other pictures
    2008_01020015.jpg

and as i said all my furniture is in the dark wood color....i love the combination...
    2008_03180003.jpg

but i am one of those crazy people ... i have to paint like once a year ,...... the next color is gonna be a green sort of like the couch color but lighter....

First off, you have a beautiful daughter! Lucky girl got your eyes too!

I would love to paint, guess I just got lazy (hence the weight gain).:grumble: The last place we rented we painted all but one room, but it was a lot smaller. My live-in handy man even did a little re-modeling in the bathroom and kitchen. We lived on the 2nd floor in a 100yr old house in a college town. So, it definetly needed some tlc. The owners (who are the same age) lived on the main floor and compensated us, so it was a good deal. I miss that place now :cry:
  • jlwhelan1
    Options
    Seriously, what were thinking in the 80's with all the dern wallpaper???? :noway:

We've lived in our house for 4 years now, and the people who lived there before wallpapered everything!! :explode: Not just wallpaper...but they wallpapered a base layer then the wallpaper directly on the drywall!! It's the biggest PIA to get off. :angry: Our dining room is the last room to go, but it'll have to wait a while longer. :grumble:

My mother was one of those 80's wallpaper people. Each room had 2 - 3 different wallpapers. Every room in the house (except mine) was done in different shades/textures/patterns of beige. So the wallpaper, trim, carpet and drapes...all beige. I found it depressing. Now she's got color in her house.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    you can see the awesome hardwoof floors, with lovely sandy yellow walls with wainscoting that we just did in the backgruond of this pic...
    balance.jpg
  • soup78
    Options

I feel ya, sister! The basement, although finished, has the same wallpapered bottom half over drywall with a "cute" lil border on top.....:angry: So NOT cute! That's just not worth the effort involved when we're renting......:grumble:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Mine are all white, rather then painting them I have decorated them with lots of my Partylite stuff, then I get pretty stuff and can change the color theme just by changing what candles I put in. I LOVE the 3 piece screen that they have that you can hang on the wall. It looks so cool behind my couch.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options

2008_03180002.jpg

2008_01020015.jpg

2008_03180003.jpg

oooo pretty!!! I love the looks! and what a pretty daughter you have girl!!!! she looks like you!

In my house every room is a color...we don't have one room oh wait the main bathroom is white walls (tuorquoise)....but all the rooms are color...I love colored walls too~

my parlor/living and dining rooms are all open and connected so we did two colors, main walls are like a terracotta color, and the surrounding walls are like golden peach w/ dark green, cranberry and gold accents looks prettier than it sounds....my kitchen is mauve and cream, going to be remodeled soon woo hoo!....my bedroom is light lilac w/ white, my son's bedroom is sort of turquoise/royal blue walls w/ white trim and orange and yellow and red accents....two other bedrooms are mint green really light w/ white , and the newest bedroom we painted is called Indian stone w/ natural wood accents...its sort of mauvey grey but really pretty.... the play room is a nice sunny yellow w/ blue/green and red accessories and my computer room is a light sea blue....ya I like me some color! lol

hugs and is anyone else here hooked to the HGTV channel?! :laugh:
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    ...hugs and is anyone else here hooked to the HGTV channel?! :laugh:

I love HGTV. I don't watch much tv, but every once in a while, I'll veg in front of the tv and HGTV is what I watch. I'd have to say my favorite designer is Candace, of Divine Design. LOVE her work!! Then of course, I watch Hidden Potential, Property Virgins, House Hunters, Color Splash, Color Correction...ohmigosh, I could go on. There's another show called Room Service with Sarah Richardson, on the Fine Living Network that I actually record. Sad ain't it? :laugh:
  • jackeh
    Options

oooo pretty!!! I love the looks! and what a pretty daughter you have girl!!!! she looks like you!

In my house every room is a color...we don't have one room oh wait the main bathroom is white walls (tuorquoise)....but all the rooms are color...I love colored walls too~

my parlor/living and dining rooms are all open and connected so we did two colors, main walls are like a terracotta color, and the surrounding walls are like golden peach w/ dark green, cranberry and gold accents looks prettier than it sounds....my kitchen is mauve and cream, going to be remodeled soon woo hoo!....my bedroom is light lilac w/ white, my son's bedroom is sort of turquoise/royal blue walls w/ white trim and orange and yellow and red accents....two other bedrooms are mint green really light w/ white , and the newest bedroom we painted is called Indian stone w/ natural wood accents...its sort of mauvey grey but really pretty.... the play room is a nice sunny yellow w/ blue/green and red accessories and my computer room is a light sea blue....ya I like me some color! lol

hugs and is anyone else here hooked to the HGTV channel?! :laugh:
    [/quote]

yeah i know she is pretty .... i can tell by all the boys trying to bang down my door to get to her:noway:
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    I can't remember the actual name for some of my paint colors , we just painted the kitchen, hallways, livingroom and bathroom last year. Living room is a light brown/dark beige (think coffee with 2 cream) on three walls then we have an accent wall done in "olive grove" Just what it sounds like , a dark olive green, I love it. We also have a funky area rug with circle patterns in brown,tan,olive green, and blue to tie it all together, tile flooring under that and dark wood furniture/cabinets.

My kitchen is my love , lol I love this room and it's decorations. We have a coffee theme , I love me some coffee.The walls are a Oatmeal color, (think coffee with 3 cream) We do have a border in the kitchen , Im not a HUGE border fan but I fell in love with this one it has different styles of coffees,lattes, mochas, and cappuchinos on it. And we have a couple of prints hanging on the wall similar to theres
    BB1023Espresso-Posters.jpg?t=1219167288BB128Have-a-Break-Posters.jpg?t=1219167319

My sons room, we are painting soon, he wants a camoflage room, Sooo 3 walls will be a light brown with an accent wall done completely in Camo , should be an interesting paint job lol.