Should I eat it?

Options
So, I am going to have to grab something on the road today and I am craving a McDonalds cheesburger. I rarely eat them and It will fit easily into my calorie goal if I do decide to get it.....

Do I get it or not?!?!?!

Replies

• corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    if it fits into your goal I see no reason why you shouldnt eat it... I mean yes, there are better choices out there but in MFP land its calories in calories out.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    If you want it, it can fit in your goal (or you won't feel guilty) go for it.
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    If it fits in your goal, then go for it.

Personally, a McDonalds burger will fill me up for about 45 minutes, then I'm searching for more (which would put me over my calories) so I stay away.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    If it fits into your goals, you like it, and you won't have an adverse reactions from eating it then I don't see a problem here.
  • AtmaKing
    AtmaKing Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I eat a McDonalds chicken sandwhich at least once a week.

Why because I (I know its insane) enjoy them. I however hold the mayo and have cut back to only one instead of 4. No fries or soda or tea. I get the sandwhich to go and enjoy it, you should do the same.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    No reason not to. Although the Big Mac probably has better macros :-)
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Oh jesus on a bicycle, just get it, eat it, enjoy it, log it.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    If it fits definately yes. Enjoy it!
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Oh jesus on a bicycle, just get it, eat it, enjoy it, log it.

I have to agree. If, as an adult, you don't know whether it's right or wrong to eat a burger, you're going to have some major issues.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I guess if you want it then eat it. Personally I think fast food is not so tasty. :indifferent:
  • LesasGettinFit
    LesasGettinFit Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would say eat it bc if not your will over eat more than your calorie goals and that will lead to possible weight gain.
  • ShellF415
    ShellF415 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    A McDonald's cheeseburger has 300 calories. It's really not bad at all to satisfy your craving.
  • sheedy17
    sheedy17 Posts: 128
    Options
    I eat a McDonalds chicken sandwhich at least once a week.

Why because I (I know its insane) enjoy them. I however hold the mayo and have cut back to only one instead of 4. No fries or soda or tea. I get the sandwhich to go and enjoy it, you should do the same.

My problem is i cant stop at one and will eat 4 :(
  • Cjmi427
    Cjmi427 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I would eat it, especially if it will easily fit. Then you can decide if it was worth it and remember for next time! Sometimes it really is worth it!
  • crfeen
    crfeen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! The reason I ask is that sometimes I have so much guilt over it even if it fits within my goal! Sometimes a little feedback helps. I guess i'll drink some water, wait until dinner time and then decide.

• Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    If it's been awhile since you've had fast food, you might want to make sure there is a bathroom handy for a few hours afterward. Just in case.
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Some of the best advice I ever saw on here was someone saying to stop moralizing food choices. Remove "guilt" from your mindset, in terms of some foods being "bad" and others "good".

If it fits your calorie goals and your macros, go to town. I eat ice cream. I drink alcohol. Sometimes I have french fries. I'm about to go eat some Ruffles right now.

The only time I feel "guilty" is when I don't log something.

GREAT, now I want a McD's cheeseburger ;)
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Fit it into your calories then fit it into your mouth.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! The reason I ask is that sometimes I have so much guilt over it even if it fits within my goal! Sometimes a little feedback helps. I guess i'll drink some water, wait until dinner time and then decide.

I would say the only time you should contemplate having something that you want is if you're in danger in going over your goals for the day. And even then, sometimes it's still OK. You've already communicated that you can easily fit it in.

If you get really guilty about it afterward, even if you've made it fit, then you need to reassess your relationship with food. It's not the debil :) Especially if you can fit it in. EAT IT!
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    If it easily fits into your goal and you really want it, you won't be satisfied with anything else and you'll just end up eating more to compensate for being dissatisfied (a/k/a bingefest !). By all means, get your burger and enjoy life ! hooty-hoo !