Help sticking to what i say i'll do

Options
Hey, so I've had this account for ages, but never used it for a year. I started using it again but I keep forgetting to post my intake. Any tips on how to stay dedicated to this?

Replies

• MindyM80
    MindyM80 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    ive done the same thing as you. i think you just have to want to do it.
    i'll be interested to see what people say.
  • Annesoucy1957
    Options
    just do it :0)
  • TheHeathBar
    TheHeathBar Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm new at this too, but I asked my family to remind me to track my calories every time we eat. It also has been helpful to me to enter my recipes as soon as I know that I'm going to make them so I don't have to worry about it after I'm well fed and lazy lol
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    -make it part of meal time, once you eat you log
    -prelog for the day and stick to it
    -set an alarm to remind you to log
  • thinrunner
    thinrunner Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I used to have the same problem! Now that I have the MFP app on my phone it has been easier to record my food with the QR bar code scanner. Also, you can go to your settings and have set reminders to log your food and exercise. This has helped me tremendously because I can easily get busy in the mornings but then I will get a notification on my phone reminding me to record a meal or exercise. These reminders even go as far to motivate me to remember to eat healthy throughout the day because I know I will have to record every bite I eat.
  • rebeccaplatt21
    Options
    WANTING to do it is the main thing....

also for me, adding as many 'friends' as possible! it helps me be accountable! i don't know a single one of these people in real life, but i'm glad for them on here!

i feel obligated to log for them (in a good way!) :-)