All on the calf

Options
When I walk of the treadmill I only feel a burn in my calf muscles. I want to also lose weight in my thighs and butt. However I don't feel a burn or anything really, in those areas. Even if I don't feel it does it still help?

Replies

• NickSofia16
    Options
    Also I don't know if this means anything but it's the lower part of my calf and not the upper part.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I want to also lose weight in my thighs and butt. However I don't feel a burn or anything really, in those areas. Even if I don't feel it does it still help?

Yes. Weight loss is systemic, meaning it comes off from everywhere, not from the areas you work. We can't choose where we lose. Whatever gets your heart rate up works.
  • 82ndRadnee
    Options
    High Intensity Training will allow you to lose fat faster.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Losing weight or "burning" fat is more of a metaphor. An actual burn in your muscle is something different and is an indication that you're stressing it and possibly collecting some lactic acid in that muscle. Just because a muscle doesn't "burn" doesn't mean it's not receiving positive benefit from the exercise you're doing.
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Any time you feel a "burn" in a muscle it is a build up of lactic acid. Which simply means that muscle is working. It does not have anything to do with "burning" fat or calories which is what you are accomplishing during any cardio activity. But on the other hand even if you don't feel a burn in a particular muscle that doesn't mean that muscle is not working.

It also sounds like you are under the impression that while you are doing cardio you are actually physically "burning" fat. That's not what's happening. You are simply burning calories, which can help create a calorie deficit which is the actual reason for weight loss.