A confession...

Options
I’m well aware that this is going to make me sound like a total geeky no-mates (I’m not, I promise!) but really, I have a confession...:blushing:

I have come to love my MFP friends more than my ‘real life friends!’ :laugh:

When I post an achievement (however small), they’re my personal cheerleading team, when I’ve had a bad day, they lift me up and make me feel that it’s only temporary and isn’t so bad, when I have a good one, they celebrate with me. And all they ask is I provide the same sort of support in return! No huge diva demands, no dragging me down or pressuring me into things I can’t afford or making me feel stressed when I simply don’t have the time to do whatever it is they want me to do. Some days, I can comment on everyone’s achievements and status updates, sometimes I’ll go a few days barely writing anything...but no-one sulks or holds a grudge! I’m never ashamed, or embarrassed around my MFP friends and I never have to be someone I’m not.

So THANK YOU! Each and every one of you amazing people! :happy:

I hope you all know that everytime I’m in a yucky meeting at work and an email pop’s up – someone’s telling me “I rock” or I’ve had an “Amazing workout!” it really does brighten up my day! I hope I manage to do the same for some of you from time to time!!

Replies

• jrhodges20
    jrhodges20 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to say I am glad i am not the only one who feels this way! It feels so great being on here because I feel like so many people care about what i am doing and they are there behind me cheering me on or telling me to stay strong.
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    ... THis has become my new facebook.... ;)
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT HAPPY JAX!!!!
  • CLH00
    CLH00 Posts: 15
    Options
    Awr, this is such a lovely post. It's always good to show your appreciation for people! :happy:
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options

Me too!
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    People here are definitely a lot supportive, i like it too:) But i couldnt be with my off line friends. I guess it depends a lot what kind of friends we have - no one is perfect, friends arent perfect too sometimes:))
  • mistydk
    mistydk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That's so sweet to hear! I'm new here and hope to enjoy the same support you do. So far everyone seems nice and helpful.
  • lhatter
    lhatter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm new hear too and hope to find a group of friends as supportive as the ones you have....
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options

Same here!
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    You're most welcome Happy Jax. I'm am bot proud and privileged to have you as one of my MFP friends. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • denise309
    Options
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE
    I havent told many in real life friends what I am doing...I feel its too much pressure, plus unless they have had a weight problem they dont get it, and if they do have a weight problem it sometimes becomes a competition :( I LOVE coming here, having support and learning new things LIKE 30 Day shred...even if I hate Jillian the whole time Im doing it, LOL

Keep UP the GREAT work online friends!!!!
  • TonyaB_WhoGonStopMe
    Options
    It's so funny how on any given day one or several of MFP's can express how I feel. I love my friends but I experience everything that you said you go thru with your friends. If I didn't have MFP I would not have been able to get thru a lot of rough spots in my life...not just my journey to losing weight.

Great post! :flowerforyou:
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Awww you are so sweet!! Many hugs to you ((((((Hugs)))))))
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    you are fabulous! and i agree! it is hard to talk to non-MFP friends and family about some things because they just don't understand...it is so nice to have friends who are going through the same struggles and who get excited about the same victories :):):)
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I'm also glad to know I'm not the only one that feels this way! You guys are the best! I've been using this site for 9 months now... There are people on here I feel like I've come to know quite well. I wouldn't have made my goal without the support from my fitness pals! A little praise can make all the difference.
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm also glad to know I'm not the only one that feels this way! You guys are the best! I've been using this site for 9 months now... There are people on here I feel like I've come to know quite well. I wouldn't have made my goal without the support from my fitness pals! A little praise can make all the difference.

sometimes things in conversation come up that i can relate to my mfp friends and things that they have posted about life experiences (snow, parts of the country/world, etc.) and it is funny to say "my friend told me about this..." and my fiance looks at me like "how do you have a friend from there that i don't know?" i've made friends here that will likely never meet, but i keep in better touch with my mfp friends than with my friends i've known forever!
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I have never liked facebook as much as I LOVE MFP!!!
    I think I have more in common with my MFP friends and I love them all to bits!!!

Thank you MFP for giving us this great place to meet and support eachother, I have met some of the loveliest people here and honestly don't think I could leave this site!!!

I value my MFP friends just as much as my real friends and totally understand how you feel, there is only the positives sides with MFP friends!!!

Wicked!!! xxx