GM diet success stories

Options
Has anyone heard of the 7 day GM diet plan ??has anyone tried this diet and has it worked for anyone??
If it has can you please tell how much weight you have lost through the diet ??

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    A cousin of mine did it. I tried to talk her out of it because fad diets like these never last. I told her about just tracking her intake via MFP, making little changes over time. She didn't listen. She talked about it on FB and lost 4 lbs! 4 days later she got sick and quit the diet. Gained everything she had lost plus more.
  • mikebooker1
    mikebooker1 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Not to bust your bubble but "diets" almost never work. Yes you can loose a quick 10-20 lbs, maybe more depending on your particulate body type but as soon as stop the diet then you eventually regain your old self again. If you are looking to fit into an outfit for an occasion or prepping for some type of exploratory surgery then you can go on a quick diet. If you looking to change health and ultimately your life then you have to make whole scale changes. Start subtle... six inch instead of footlong. Or park further in the parking lot so you have walk a few extra feet. Drink one soda a day instead of two. Eventually the subtle changes become a habit. Burning a few extra calories here and there combined with shaving a few here and there really add up. If you start adding more aggressive options like exercising you really should start to see a difference in how you feel and on the scale.

Sorry for the rant... I've been on enough "diets" to know that they don't work long term.
  • ApoorvaGiliyal
    ApoorvaGiliyal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice !! :)
  • cynthiapapa92
    Options
    hey ive started did it in the past but only the first 3 days
    i lost 2 kilos and 1.5 stayed off
    im doing it again now but wont be able to finish it now either because i got a party i lost 0.7kg on day 1
  • holpak
    holpak Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It's not a diet.. it's a Cleanse.. and yes I'm on my 4th day and absolutely loving it!!!! IT has reminded me of all the foods i really love to eat.. and has got me finally drinking water again!! So far in 3 days i've lost 7lbs i'm so excited to see what the 7th day brings me up to. You can only do this cleanse once a month.. it's not a suggested lifestyle.. just go back to eating clean and good when your not on it!!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    It's not a diet.. it's a Cleanse.. and yes I'm on my 4th day and absolutely loving it!!!!
    So what are you cleansing that your Kidneys, liver or bowel are unable to do by themselves?
  • DanielCathers
    DanielCathers Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Reading up on it a little right now, it's pretty similar to other low carb diets.

But don't do it. Do a ketogenic diet. You will educate yourself on how everything actually works (why they want you to eat all those bananas on that one day and that avocados would be better to eat all the time, for instance) and be able to continue for the rest of your life.

Start here: http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq
  • kittenkris
    kittenkris Posts: 112
    Options
    Our bodies are designed to naturally remove toxins. We do not need to cleanse. If our diets have sufficient amounts of fiber and we drink lots of water then our bodies are naturally "cleansed".
  • holpak
    holpak Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm actually eating things that are good for me that i haven't been and that's what is cleansing!! It has made me love water again.. i can't say enough good things about this cleanse.. i'm loving that it's getting me back to the healthy eating i was doing before. That's just it most people aren't eating well and thus get clogged up with toxins.. therefore needing a cleanse! I'm just putting that out there... it's not for everyone but i love that it's brought me back to the foods i love. This is not designed to be a way of life at all, i just did it to get back on track :-)
  • Hotterash
    Options
    Am Starting GM diet Today!!! I hope this goes well. This is only to build a tempo. Preparing for a cousin's wedding and needed a kickstart. So far, have had a huge bowl of fruit salad (no dressing , no bananas) 2 glasses water, and 1 green tea :smile:
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Its a waste of time and what little energy you will have at the end of the day

I have done it before, its completely useless
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!