Your daily menu when you were fat (or b4 changing)

Options
When I was at my highest weight and not watching what I ate, this would be an average day.

Morning
1 small yogurt and coffee (120 calories)

Mid-morning before class
Second Cup White Chocolate latte (small - 330 calories)

Lunch
Nothing. Perhaps an earl grey tea with splenda and milk. (50 cals)

Mid-afternoon
Starbucks chocolate chip cookie (400 calories)

Dinner
Gyros (800 calories)

Dessert
Entire package of clodhoppers (150 grams of chocolate covered graham crackers) (715 calories)

TOTAL: 2415 calories

I was 19 F and 208 lbs. I also walked to class and around shopping malls due to no car (downtown life)

Replies

• Auzziedoggie
    Auzziedoggie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Another day

Breakfast
    Nothing

Lunch
    homemade ham sandwich (350 calories)
    diet coke
    chips (150 calories)

Dinner
    Large pizza (2500 calories)
    Bag of two bite brownies (800 calories)

Total: 3800 calories

19 F 197 lbs.
    I did this on the regular. I remember my exact weight because I did this the night before joining weight watchers (fat logic). I weighed in at 197 and dropped 7 lbs in the first week which caused the WW leader to announce my great example. I felt so guilty because I only weighed in that much because I was stuffed with pizza.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Breakfast- bagel/egg/bacon sandwich, fruit ... 600 cal
    Snack- granola bar, 12 oz coffee w.cream and sugar ... 300 cal
    Lunch- large quesadilla, guacamole, sour cream & salsa; juice; pretzels ... maybe 1100 cal
    Snack- candy bar ... 250 cal
    Snack- cheese and crackers ... 200 cal+
    Dinner- pizza,salad, ice cream, diet soda or a beer if out ... 500 cal+
    Snack- cereal with a little milk (2 servings) ... 300 cal

About 2500-3000 cals, probably. Sad :sad:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    For most of my adult life, until the past 4 years, I thought I was eating pretty "healthy" - in some ways I was, other ways not at all - and I continued to weigh between 250-280 lb for many years (even more at one point) and didn't know why I wasn't losing when I ate "better" than a lot of my smaller friends and even measured many of my portions and chose "lighter" options and so on. There was obviously a reason!

TYPICAL WEEKDAY - approx. 2400 calories

Breakfast - 416 cal (and 53 grams of sugar, but I thought it was "better" than eating a Pop Tart or something)
    1 cup frosted shredded wheat
    1/2 cup 2% milk
    8 oz orange juice
    cup of coffee with fat free hazelnut nondairy creamer & organic agave sweetener

Lunch - 346 cal
    1 whole cucumber
    10 baby carrots
    16 Stacy's Pita Chips
    2 TBSP Aldi garlic hummus
    1 can Diet Coke

After-Work Snack - 420 cal
    grande White Chocolate Mocha from Starbucks, with nonfat milk and whipped cream

Dinner - 853 cal
    1 cup whole wheat penne pasta
    1/2 cup Ragu Light Alfredo pasta sauce
    1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
    1/2 cup steamed broccoli
    1 whole boneless chicken breast sautéed in butter
    1 tbsp. sliced black olives
    1 piece garlic toast (frozen type)
    1 Diet Coke

Dessert - 355 cal
    homemade chocolate chip scone
    cup of Earl Grey tea with a bit of 2% milk

Also, I drank no water at all. Just Diet Coke, coffee, orange juice, and milk.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    well since I have never been fat....I don't have a before diet.

but my before diet- kind of included breakfast (never a big breakfast eater- but I tried)
    I ate a lot more bacon egg and cheese bagels and cereal.

I ate more pasta.

Otherwise I eat the same chicken- the same veggies and the same dishes.

I cut out cream and sugar from my coffee and I don't have as much ice cream- but I eat the same stuff. I like bacon chicken and eggs and pizza and beer.
  • sprucey85
    sprucey85 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Mine wasn't too bad, ok is wasn't ideal but it could've been a lot worse!

Breakfast: Nothing
    Lunch: Sandwiches (normally best of both bread as other half hates granary with either ham and cheese, sandwich spread, chicken mayo, chicken salad), crisps or chocolate bar or pasta from night before
    Dinner: Either pasta, or some meat (chicken, sausages, bacon etc) and chips or mash with veg, or a massive portion of chilli or a takeaway (pizza, Indian or Chinese)
    Drink: Tea with 2 sugars was what I would drink the most, sometimes chocolate milk
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    If I tried to calculate all that I used to eat when I binged, my calculator would explode.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    At around 245 pounds:

Breakfast and lunch:

A 2 liter of soda, sipped straight from the container throughout the day. Chilled, but hold the ice, watered -down soda is for sissies.

Dinner:

2 double cheeseburgers from 5 Guys, half the largest order of fries, and possibly another soda if I was running a bit low. Or an entire breadbowl pasta from Dominoes with half an order of cheeseticks and maybe a medium pizza. Or if I was cooking, I'd fry up a couple of half pound cheeseburgers and throw them on two onion rolls. Wanted veggies instead? Salsarita's had me covered. Large steak or veggie burrito, large chips, a side of white cheese, some white cheese on the burrito, and a large soda.

Dessert:

Ice cream, chips, cookies, cake, pretty much whatever. Milk, often with chocolate.

Some weeks I ran out of money for eating out, but it made no difference, soda is cheap and I could always drink that and have some eggs and whatever ice cream was left in the fridge. Little Debbie is also cheap as dirt. My weekly food bill is more now than it was then.

When I was a 175 pound vegetarian:

Breakfast:

Soda and two egg and cheese biscuits from a drive through.

Lunch:

A giant 'sharing size' candy bar. And I definitely wasn't sharing. And another soda or maybe a Nesquick chocolate milk. Cause you know, calcium.

Dinner:

Four Boca cheeseburgers fried up in oil with slabs of cheddar cheese on two giant onion rolls and probably some chips and another candy bar to go with it. Or half a container of tofu in stead of the Boca burgers, fried up in oil, of course. Soda or chocolate milk to drink.

Late night snack: Ice cream or cake.

This is why I giggle a little when people say it's hard to get all the nutrients a person needs on 1200 calories or less. I was eating thousands of calories more than I needed every day and still not getting my nutrients.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    At around 245 pounds:

Breakfast and lunch:

A 2 liter of soda, sipped straight from the container throughout the day. Chilled, but hold the ice, watered -down soda is for sissies.

Dinner:

2 double cheeseburgers from 5 Guys, half the largest order of fries, and possibly another soda if I was running a bit low. Or an entire breadbowl pasta from Dominoes with half an order of cheeseticks and maybe a medium pizza. Or if I was cooking, I'd fry up a couple of half pound cheeseburgers and throw them on two onion rolls. Wanted veggies instead? Salsarita's had me covered. Large steak or veggie burrito, large chips, a side of white cheese, some white cheese on the burrito, and a large soda.

Dessert:

Ice cream, chips, cookies, cake, pretty much whatever. Milk, often with chocolate.

Some weeks I ran out of money for eating out, but it made no difference, soda is cheap and I could always drink that and have some eggs and whatever ice cream was left in the fridge. Little Debbie is also cheap as dirt. My weekly food bill is more now than it was then.

I'm not saying you ate any "worse" than I did, but your example is basically what I think my friends/family assumed I ate when I was 250+ lb, but I didn't. It is funny sometimes how that works. For example if I had pizza it was always 3-4 pieces of a medium or large pizza. If I went to a burrito place I never got queso or chips. I've never ordered 2 burgers at the same time in my life. But I really think people assumed that.

I also think this is why people assume that you pay more for healthy food. In my case, I actually pay a lot less for food than I used to because I'm not dining out as often or grabbing coffee drinks, I eat less overall, but many of the foods I eat are the same.

Anyway I hope you don't take this as a criticism of your previous dietary habits. I have just been stunned or confused by a lot of comments that people have made to me as I've changed my eating habits somewhat and started counting calories...and I really think a lot of people assume things when you are very overweight that may not be accurate.

Also, my husband has been pescetarian for 12+ years but lost a significant amount of weight only 6-7 years ago. People ALWAYS assume he lost the weight because he went veg/pesc. but nothing could be further from the truth. For a long time when he was larger, his pescetarian diet hinged heavily on bagels, pasta, and sweets. I think it is a common myth that vegetarians and anyone who cuts out meat is going to be super thin and eat a very healthy diet.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    At around 245 pounds:

Breakfast and lunch:

Dinner:

Dessert:

I'm not saying you ate any "worse" than I did, but your example is basically what I think my friends/family assumed I ate when I was 250+ lb, but I didn't. It is funny sometimes how that works. For example if I had pizza it was always 3-4 pieces of a medium or large pizza. If I went to a burrito place I never got queso or chips. I've never ordered 2 burgers at the same time in my life. But I really think people assumed that.

I also think this is why people assume that you pay more for healthy food. In my case, I actually pay a lot less for food than I used to because I'm not dining out as often or grabbing coffee drinks, I eat less overall, but many of the foods I eat are the same.

Anyway I hope you don't take this as a criticism of your previous dietary habits. I have just been stunned or confused by a lot of comments that people have made to me as I've changed my eating habits somewhat and started counting calories...and I really think a lot of people assume things when you are very overweight that may not be accurate.

Also, my husband has been pescetarian for 12+ years but lost a significant amount of weight only 6-7 years ago. People ALWAYS assume he lost the weight because he went veg/pesc. but nothing could be further from the truth. For a long time when he was larger, his pescetarian diet hinged heavily on bagels, pasta, and sweets. I think it is a common myth that vegetarians and anyone who cuts out meat is going to be super thin and eat a very healthy diet.

I'm not offended at all. Part of the mystery may well be that I gained that weight very fast, in well under two years, from a starting weight of under 130. This wasn't me nibbling my way to obesity, this was me diving in whole hog!

Edit: Oh yeah, and I posted my vegetarian get-fat-fast menu in case anyone who is under the delusion that going vegetarian is an automatic key to weight loss happens to read this thread. To be fair, I gained weight a little slower as a vegetarian than as a SAD eater, but not much slower.
  • seltzermint555
    Options

I'm not offended at all. Part of the mystery may well be that I gained that weight very fast, in well under two years, from a starting weight of under 130. This wasn't me nibbling my way to obesity, this was me diving in whole hog!

Edit: Oh yeah, and I posted my vegetarian get-fat-fast menu in case anyone who is under the delusion that going vegetarian is an automatic key to weight loss happens to read this thread. To be fair, I gained weight a little slower as a vegetarian than as a SAD eater, but not much slower.

I'm really glad you weren't bothered! :-)

Mine was the slower roll, I guess. hehe I was already weighing in at 130 lb as an older child/preteen (although I was 5'6" by age 10 so I wasn't in any real health danger at that point). I gradually gained until I was well up into the 200# range even at college age.

Like you see in my example, I had a SEMI average/healthy diet but with WAY too many treats and desserts and some sneaky things that I didn't realize were as caloric as they were.

I think this is a really interesting thread. I wish even more people would share!
  • custard85
    custard85 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - huge bowl of cereal

Lunch - cheese baguette, chocolate bar, fruit, coke

Dinner - pasta, salad, garlic bread

Snacks - biscuits, cider

Whoops!
  • alexuh
    alexuh Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Let me say that this was my very worst, back when I was about 14 and going through puberty. :ohwell:
    I've somehow always been slim but slim = healthy no no!

Breakfast: chocolate bar from the shop
    Dinner: sandwich, chocolate bar, crisps in my packed lunch then cookie/muffin from the cafeteria
    Snack on way home from school: packet of chocolate buttons, 2-3 chocolate bars, jellies
    Tea: spaghetti on toast
    Snack: chocolate cereal bar, another chocolate bar

CRAZY. Chocoholic and a half! I don't even like chocolate much... :huh:
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Pretty much eating the same things.

Just much less of them.

I am sprinkling in a few more salads for lunch/snack during the day but other than that I am still eating the same foods.
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I'm honestly not, nor have I ever been "fat," but I've gained weight and if left unchecked I'm sure I could have hit some obesity.

Highest weight: 165 lbs.
    Breakfast - Cup of half coffee, half flavored creamer with whipped cream and sprinkles, leftovers from last night's take out (we ate out all the effing time.) Prob a good 700 calories depending on the takeout. Could get up to 1000 cals.
    Lunch - Nachos or ramen with an egg in it. 400-500 cals.
    Snack - Cakes, cookies, candy, with chocolate milk and/or more coffee. 600 cals.
    Dinner - Takeout. 700-1000 cals
    Dessert - More cakes, cookies, candy and sometimes MORE coffee! 600 cals.

Total: 3000 - 3700 calories per day. How I didn't gain weight quicker, I have no idea.
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 4 chocolate sprinkle donuts or 2 sausage & cheese McGriddles from McDonalds
    Lunch: Mushroom Swiss Burger meal from McDonalds or Steak Finger Basket meal from Dairy Queen
    Dinner: Hamburger Helper or BarBQue w/ sides

Snacks during the week while at work usually consisted of Blue Bell pint ice cream, or a small bag of chips or a candy bar.

I didn't count calories then so I have know idea how many I consumed. I presume it was alot since I was 70 pounds heavier than I am now!!
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Don't know calories but since I blimped to 410 lbs it was definitely a lot >_<

Breakfast: Usually nothing. I worked late afternoon/evening shifts and slept til 1.

Lunch: Usually stopped somewhere on the way to work and picked up a bunch of stuff to munch on. Pizza or taquitos from 7-11. Lunchables. Packaged italian hoagies. Always also got the largest container of chocolate milk they had, and some kind of candy.

Dinner: I worked through dinner (I was a bartender in a restaurant), but there'd always be some kind of food available to the server and bar staff so long as you weren't seen eating it. So I'd eat more pizza, pasta, mac-n-cheese (which I later found out was 2000 cals on it's own), breadsticks etc.

After work: Hit the bar up with friends, spend $50-$200 on LOTS of alcohol and chasers. If you've ever worked as a bartender or had a bartender who was your friend "hook you up", then you know $50 can get you a LONG way with alcohol. Lord knows how many calories I consumed in total in alcohol. I was only able to quit after I started working with a personal trainer who had me keep a log of everything I ate/drank for a week. Come to find out like 80% of my daily calories came from my trips to the bar. Maybe even more than that since there were many nights where I'd had so much to drink I didn't even know how much I drank.

On the way home: Another stop at 7-11 for drunk/high/whatever munchies. Eat until 5am while browsing the interwebs then pass out.

I really have NO CLUE how many calories I ate a day. I just know it was an enormous amount. Right now I'm down to 1800-2200 ish cals a day. The first like month of me eating less cals I seriously felt like I was dying. Even now, if I eat certain trigger foods I'll just end up binge eating. Self-control has to be a lifelong thing.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Several servings of sugar-infused cereal with sugar on top, skim milk. Cup coffee w/ cream and a huge amount of sugar

Lunch: Take out from wherever -- including Burger King, Pita Pita, pizza to go, etc.

Dinner: Some form of pasta -- usually white rice (and loads of it!) with an enormous amount of meat and a small portion of veg.

Dessert: Ice cream... and not the healthier kind.
  • NickeeCoco
    NickeeCoco Posts: 130
    Options
    Breakfast - Black Coffee, two mugs worth.

Lunch - 12" pizza or meatball sub on whole wheat, with an individual bag of Original Miss Vickie's chips from Subway

Dinner - Roast Beef, mashed potatoes with gravy, green beans with butter, salad, roasted carrots and a half a bottle of wine. And seconds.

Late Night Snack - Salsa, guacamole, nachos, and the other half of the bottle of wine.

That would total to about 3500 calories, maybe a little more, depending on how much seconds, maybe even thirds sometimes. I'm 5'3".
  • DecemberPsalm
    DecemberPsalm Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    As a 257 lb vegetarian - this was just 2 months ago, lordy!

Breakfast:
    2 eggs, 2 big slices sourdough, giant globs of mayo or butter, tons of cheese, glass of milk

Lunch:
    Fried bean & cheese burrito(s)...tons cheese, mayo and salsa.

Dinner:
    Over half a box of pasta, endless bread and cheeeeeese. With lots of oil on top of everything.
    -OR-
    Veggie stir fry with at least 2 cups rice, a cup of veggies, and loads of oil and sauces. And globs of mayo of course!

Dessert:
    Big bowl ice cream with PB, milk, sometimes fudge or nutella

Snacks:
    My bf's endless vault of chips, glasses of milk, granola bars (the sugary ones), cheese & mayo sandwiches (yes, I'd eat a cheese sandwich as a snack between meals if I was home alone!)

THIS is how I gained 20 lbs in 3 months this year, ya'll. I was slightly more conservative before, maintaining at around 230lbs for quite some time.
  • lukewind
    lukewind Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Nothing

Lunch: Taco Bell/KFC

2 Chicken Quesadillas
    2 Grilled Stuffed Burritos
    Family Size Potato Wedge
    5 Sides of Nacho Cheese

Dinner: Burger King
    3-4 Triple Stackers
    Tendercrisp Chicken Sandwich
    2 Large Fries

Snacks:
    Cookies
    Soda
    Pretty Much anything I could find

I don't know the exact calorie count there but its not good. It takes dedication to get to over 500lbs lol.

Never Again!