Wii Fit

Options
Does anyone else use Wii Fit? I damaged both my legs when I was in school (used to do LOTS of exercise) which is when I put all my weight on and now I have very little muscle in my upper legs. I`m finding that the yoga and balance games are really helping! I cant believe it, Ive tried to do yoga and pilates before but could never get the hang of it.
So yeah, just wondered if anyone else uses it and if they are getting any real results.
(I also have EA Active but Im not ready for that until Ive built some muscle to start with lol)

Replies

• scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I've been using it until I get used to exercising every day (it's a good motivator!) and build up some coordination and some balance (I really should fall down more when you figure out their assessment of me!) At first it was pretty beginner, but you unlock new exercises pretty quickly. I just had boxing unlocked yesterday and it seems like a real workout! Also the running is probably pretty cool, but you could really do that during any commercial break.

I expect to be be "beyond" Wii Fit in a week or two, but since it's so miserable outside, it's an ok way to encourage exercising. Plus it's a pretty sweet scale.
  • Lilkidmom
    Options
    If you like dancing, you should try the Zomba for Wii. My daughter uses it and she loves it. She looks like she's having so much fun!
  • doesgo
    doesgo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I used it when I was starting out. It's pretty fun and certainly can't hurt, but at this point it won't give me enough of a workout. That said, if I had more time I'd consider using it to supplement my regular cardio with the balance/yoga stuff. As long as you're enjoying it, scagneti, keep at it!
  • lal73
    lal73 Posts: 116
    Options
    I use it, the basic step, hula hoop and biking for basic run burns good calories...
  • alisons7598
    alisons7598 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I love the wii fit. I just stared using the ea active a couple weeks ago and up to that point I pretty much only used the fit. I have noticed HUGE changes in myself. Balance is better, back is better. I can run and bike on it so much longer now and it doesn't get boring since I can pick and choose what I do. I specifically went and bought it when I started MFP so I would have something fun to do to help me lose weight. Best decision ever:)
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have been using it everyday now for 10 days. I actually have the wii fit plus. I have built a routine that I like to do with yoga poses and strength training exercies. I also run, box, and do the various balance games as my balance is atrocious! :ohwell: I have lost maybe a pound and a half, but I have seen big changes in my tone. My pants feel looser and my bra (sorry guys) doesn't fit as tightly. I have also been using MFP to help me keep on track with my calories, although, I think I need to buy a scale so I can get my portion sizes right.
  • tallib
    tallib Posts: 13
    Options
    I did my body test again today, and in the 5 or so days that Ive been using MFP and Wii Fit Ive lost 5lbs, I cant believe it! So so chuffed :)
    I feel like muscle is beginning to build in my legs, which is just wonderful as there hasnt really been any there in years. Just hope it carries on and gets stronger :)
  • brittybee23
    brittybee23 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Quick Wii fit exercise question--- the rowing squats.... how in the heck do i get in the blue part?! I'm doing exactly what the little characters are doing, but I get 0 points!!! so weird : ) Thanks for the help!
  • bubbles079
    Options
    That one is hard for me to never get the bar there unless its by accident lol
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I used it in the beginning of my journey, not so much now. I'm more of a DVD follower. Also, it doesn't make me sweat. I just couldn't get over having to do 2-3 hours on the wii when I could get the same burn in 40 minutes. HOWEVER, it was a GREAT way for me to kickstart my journey because it got me moving & made it fun for me :))
  • malg64
    malg64 Posts: 9
    Options
    The Biggest Loser for the Wii is awesome. I do not like WII fit because you have to stop so many times which keeps you from getting into a real rhythm. The Biggest Loser for Wii kicks my butt...literally. To me it is a good compliment to my regular walking workouts (5/60 3.5 mile walks a week). I use it on day 6, 7 to tone. There are many programs for the Wii that will give you what you need. But, anything helps.