LEGS LEGS LEGS

Options
so im loosing weight and noticing my legs getting more muscular, they get really muscly quickly when i start working out and look big, i've stopped going to classes like legs bum and tums as it involves lunges with weights are stuff and going to more Pilates and yoga, any suggestions how i can just get rid of muscle in legs and make them thinner?

Thank you.

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    So what were the differences in measurements before and after? How long until you see this sudden increase?

Also, pictures would help. I highly doubt this is actually what is happening.
  • QuiznatoddBidness
    QuiznatoddBidness Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    There's a really informative thread about thigh gaps from earlier today. Perhaps you might find some pointers there.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    You're not building muscle. More likely you're getting water retention in those areas for repair. Your muscles can get stronger without getting bigger. You can't change genetics. Keep losing weight and you'll lose fat, therefore making them look smaller.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    LOTS of low impact cardio... the Tour de-France is going to start in a few days... check out the physiques of those cyclists... long lean muscles and low body fat... reduce your protein and up your carbs ... BUT nothing short of 3-4 hours in the saddle everyday for a few months is going to reduce bulk
  • QuiznatoddBidness
    QuiznatoddBidness Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    You're not building muscle. More likely you're getting water retention in those areas for repair. Your muscles can get stronger without getting bigger. You can't change genetics. Keep losing weight and you'll lose fat, therefore making them look smaller.

^^^
    This seems like sound advice here.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    LOTS of low impact cardio... the Tour de-France is going to start in a few days... check out the physiques of those cyclists... long lean muscles and low body fat... reduce your protein and up your carbs ... BUT nothing short of 3-4 hours in the saddle everyday for a few months is going to reduce bulk
    wut?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

:huh:

No. I don't think so.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Either this, or you're losing a bit of fat and getting some definition, which makes them look bigger. Start taking measurements.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    so im loosing weight and noticing my legs getting more muscular, they get really muscly quickly when i start working out and look big, i've stopped going to classes like legs bum and tums as it involves lunges with weights are stuff and going to more Pilates and yoga, any suggestions how i can just get rid of muscle in legs and make them thinner?

Thank you.
    So, you are against having sexy legs?
  • pav222
    pav222 Posts: 20
    Options
    i havent really took measure (will buy a tape measure tomorrow)just before and after pictures also can notice it in the mirror, I've been on hardcore fitness and clean eating nearly 4 weeks now, noticed my legs 2 weeks in
  • pav222
    Options
    So what were the differences in measurements before and after? How long until you see this sudden increase?

i havent really took measure (will buy a tape measure tomorrow)just before and after pictures also can notice it in the mirror, I've been on hardcore fitness and clean eating nearly 4 weeks now, noticed my legs 2 weeks in
  • pav222
    Options

Thank you.
    So, you are against having sexy legs?
    i dont want them to look bulky, has im pretty short is id prefer thin and toned
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Instead of walking, roll around in a wheelchair for a few months.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

............I'm confused.

You looked at the legs of professional cyclists.

And you found them...skinny?

the guy on the right here is a Tour De France cyclist. (warning, these guys are in their underwear so you can see their legs)

http://www.news.com.au/sport/quad-off-cyclists-caught-with-their-pants-down/story-fndpu6dv-1226443898129
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Came in expecting pics, left disappointed...
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

Ummmm...
  • LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Options

SRS?
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

You know I have been wondering about that for quite some time...People say "run marathon you will get thin legs because runners are all having slim legs"...To me it's more like egg and chicken question...maybe those with thin leg genes are more fit for running hence more elite?

I still think we can train ourselves to become better and look better, comparing to ourselves, but not to others.
  • jodescorinna
    jodescorinna Posts: 57 Member
    Options

your legs will not have bulked up a) in 4 weeks and b) by hardcore exercise and clean eating.

you are female according to your profile which makes it near damn impossible to gain muscle giving you a 'bulky' look unless you are training like a professional athlete and eating way in excess of your TDEE, although again this would still not give the visible results that you are saying in a mere 4 weeks.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    not trying to be mean, but if you really "want to get rid of the muscles" on your legs...the best way is perhaps sitting on a wheel chair...

seriously, legs are supporting our body every moment and they will hold muscles to do the job...