After working out ONLY my face gets red??

Options
So after I run on the treadmill or do some type of strenuous workout that really makes me sweat, my face is always RED. The rest of my body is fine...but my face looks like I'm going to pass out, and the redness lasts for and hour or so.

Could this be beacuse I'm not breathing well when running? I have exercise-induced asthma, and when I run I breathe through my mouth.

Replies

• beachgrl79
    beachgrl79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem, but I have always had this problem, even in HS. I was on the swim team and after a long workout my face would be red, like beet red. It is embarrassing but I don't feel weird or weak or anything. I have never asked a doctor so if anyone answers you, I am curious to find out what they say. I do about 45 min on the elliptical and regardless on how strenuous I make the workout, my face is always some form of red. People look at me like "are you okay??". Lol. Good luck in finding out! Sorry I didn't have an answer.
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem, but I have always had this problem, even in HS. I was on the swim team and after a long workout my face would be red, like beet red. It is embarrassing but I don't feel weird or weak or anything. I have never asked a doctor so if anyone answers you, I am curious to find out what they say. I do about 45 min on the elliptical and regardless on how strenuous I make the workout, my face is always some form of red. People look at me like "are you okay??". Lol. Good luck in finding out! Sorry I didn't have an answer.

Don't be sorry! I'm happy that someone else has this same problem....lol! :)
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I used to get this after cardio (I'm ginger and quite pale). I think it's to do with how close your capillaries are to the skin and also the skin tone? Mine actually lessened in severity as I worked out more and more - I still go quite red - but the effects are not as prolonged. Thinking this is maybe because I'm working out more efficiently hence don't get as hot (hence as red). Just a theory though. I don't think it is to do with the asthma but I could be wrong.
  • l4rest50
    l4rest50 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • valerie0021
    valerie0021 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club. Mine even turns purple sometimes. I breathe through my nose. I have asthma too but I knew friends growing up who didn't and some of them are the same way. I like to think it makes me look like I worked out harder than I actually did, so I've learned to embrace it.