Anyone ever hurt their IT band?

Options
2»

Replies

• Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Definitely a herniated disk. PT, chiropractor, and have a referral to a neurosurgeon.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Agree that it's likely your sciatic nerve. It radiates out from your butt, through the piriformiss, down your leg and branches out as far down as your ankle. Mine is like perma-****ed and on bad days my ankle "pings" like somebody is putting a nail through it. Probably need an MRI.
    Definitely a herniated disk. PT, chiropractor, and have a referral to a neurosurgeon.

Doesn't necessarily mean a herniated disk, could be multiple things. Although a neurologist versus an orthapedist would be a better idea.
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Agree that it's likely your sciatic nerve. It radiates out from your butt, through the piriformiss, down your leg and branches out as far down as your ankle. Mine is like perma-****ed and on bad days my ankle "pings" like somebody is putting a nail through it. Probably need an MRI.

Doesn't necessarily mean a herniated disk, could be multiple things. Although a neurologist versus an orthapedist would be a better idea.

I had a CT scan. It's a herniated disk.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I've got a horrible pain in the middle of my left butt cheek, and it radiates down the back of my thigh and around to the side of my left leg, up near the ankle.

I've been told I strained my IT band and was given stretches to do and told to hold off on vigorous exercise. I don't want to hold off on vigorous exercise.

Anyone ever done this? How long did it take to heal? What did you do?

Yes and it !#%@#$%ing hurts. That doesn't sound like an IT band issue though m'dear. Sounds like something else got sprained. It definitely wouldn't hurt you to get a foam roller and roll out though.

Have you seen a physical therapist? I had to have therapy for mine.

nvm - herniated disc. OUCH.

Think they'll give you a medical mj card for that? (because glaucoma?) heh.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    Just curious - did you try the stretch mentioned in the 2nd post?
  • darlenealexander
    Options
    whatever your injury may be, there are yoga classes for stretching only and classes to target back etc.... I have constant hip and knee aches until I started going to Hatha yoga and no more knee pain.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options

I had a CT scan. It's a herniated disk.

Ha, my bad. I didn't realize you were the OP, thought you were another person offering bad advice. :)
    whatever your injury may be, there are yoga classes for stretching only and classes to target back etc.... I have constant hip and knee aches until I started going to Hatha yoga and no more knee pain.
    Just curious - did you try the stretch mentioned in the 2nd post?

Folks, she has a herniated disc. LOL! Stretching doesn't fix everything.