Eating FAIL

cindaroses
cindaroses Posts: 117
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
Sometimes I wake up really hungry and don't much much time for breakfast, so I will eat what I see really fast. If I were just to record that, I would know I still have enough calories to make it through the day, but sometimes instead I tell myself, I've blown it already, so eat what you want. I know this is really bad, and I'm trying hard not to do that. Anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• I dont really have much of a breakfast when I am on early shift (0400 start).
    What I tend to do is just have a breakfast bar and that seems to be doing the trick for me so far!
    I can't seem to eat that early and the breakfast bar normally keeps me going till lunch:)
  • mikegohl
    mikegohl Posts: 68 Member
    I also pack a banana for a snack.
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    I used to have the same attitude when I blew a meal. Only difference now is if I blow a meal, I only blow 1 meal. Have a light lunch and dinner to make up for it or have a normal lunch and dinner and chalk it up to a bad calorie day and vow to do better tomorrow. Maybe preparing ahead would help....?
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    IF YOU BITE IT, WRITE IT !!

other wise your taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    In addition to changing eating and exercise habits, I think that changing the "all or nothing" mind set is one of the hardest things to do. I have worked hard to overcome the feeling that the whole day is a bust if one meal or snack falls short of "healthy". I have been much more successful since I have been able to do this. Yesterday I had a candy bar for a snack. I allowed the candy, enjoyed the candy, then ate healthy for the rest of the day and still stayed under my calorie allotment. I think if you can be mindful that healthy eating is not an all or nothing game, you have won half the battle.

Oh and BTW, I think looking at a food choice as a FAIL is self defeating. You need to give yourself credit for trying to change your life. If things are not going well, re-evaluate the situation and start again. I hate to sound preachy, but if you are so hard on yourself, the process will be that much harder.
  • Thanks, I agree. I know it isn't defeat when I eat those things, b/c I still haven't gone over my calories...I just need to work on it to change my mindset. Thanks for all the comments.
  • veniceit
    veniceit Posts: 112 Member
    You can bake some healthy whole wheat muffins. I make banana muffins that are 136 cal each and rather filling.

You can also mix up some eggs, ham, onion, peppers, spinach, and bake it in some muffin tins. Then in the morning just grab one or two toss it in the microwave for min or so and it's a nice hot breakfast. They freeze well too.

also if eating out Starbucks has an egg white wrap and a turkey bacon sandwich that are low cal. Around 300 cal I think, as is the McMuffin. Just drink extra water as it's pretty salty.

Even a bagel with low fat cream cheese is filling and better then grabbing junk.

This morning I had 1 egg and 2 peices of turkey bacon, and half my daughters frozen waffle. It was just over 200 calories, oh and a cup of black coffee. It should keep me till lunch.

Ven
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Start by planning your entire days meals. Put it all in your food journal and figure out what you can manage for the day. If you already know what you're planning on eating for breakfast, lunch and dinner, you're less likely to fall victim to eating whatever you want.

Losing weight is like Boy Scouts: Always Be Prepared!!

If you have one bad meal, you are only shooting yourself in the foot if you give up for that day. Are you going to lose weight that way? Give yourself 1 minute to be upset. Then move on. It's not the end of the world and it's not the end of your diet. Take it one meal at a time. You can do it! Sooner or later it WILL get easier.
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    I love this idea with the eggs in the muffin tins! I'm definitely doing to try that one. If I don't have heathly snacks with me, I tend to eat whatever is quickest and easiest and I eat like I'm starving. So, I have been trying to eat a healthly breakfast in particular and these will be perfect for those days (most days) that I'm not up and moving early enough.
    Thanks so much!
    Good luck to all!
This discussion has been closed.