Alcohol

Options
What does everyone choose when they go out for a night with some friends, or meet up for drinks with a crowd. Im trying to open up my repertoire to less calorie laden alcoholic drinks--if even possible!

thanks
Danielle.

Replies

• aschultz9
    Options
    Light beer, Miller Light is my choice. 96 calories. Unfortunately I am a Wisconsin girl and LOVE my beer..so having just one isn't how it typically works out :)
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Single shot Vodka and Sprite Zero
  • ctraill
    ctraill Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to a friend's house or having people over, I always drink wine. Even though it does have a lot of calories, I can budget for them - a whole bottle only has like 600 so I figure even if I drink a half bottle (which would be typical for a night out) that's only 300 calories. And I can nurse a glass of wine for hours.

I never trust bars for wine selection (for obvious reason) so if I'm at a bar, I will usually drink vodka, water & lemon/lime. I think vodka is like 60 calories/shot. Any hard liquor mixed with something diet will cut the calories down. Avoid beer & really sugary drinks like daquiris, etc.
  • MissJennaBelle
    Options
    I LOVE the occassional glass of rose wine but because it's loaded with calories I try to mostly stick with a vodka and diet mixer when I'm out on the town.

Lighter coloured spirits contain fewer calories... so I've heard! :drinker:
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Get a virgin of somethin'...just because your out with friends doesn't mean you should have a drink and if they are your real friends they will understand that your exercisin' to a better you. :)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Clear spirits are best - and the better brand the better. Grey Goose vodka and soda with a lime is my drink of choice...I also like a "skinny" margarita - a shot of patron, splash of soda water, juice of one lime and salted rim...YUM!

I also like white dry wine like savignon blanc, but only if I am drinking a glass or two...if its a night out I stick with liquor. ;)
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Red wine, sparkling white wine (both in smallish quantities).

I love my beer, proper beer, not weak and watery lager stuff. In the US that rules out just about everything except some micro brews (sorry my American MFPs!).

I find Belgian beer to be great because it's so strong, you tend to fall over before you've had too much :-)
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    With you on the vodka mixer tip, I go for Vodka, lime and soda, or vodka/gin and slimline tonic, vodka and diet coke or a white wine.

Going to a party this weekend and might try alcohol free so that I don't eat my body weight in rubbish the next day to soak it up!
  • frisk72682
    frisk72682 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    vanilla vodka with water, then add half a packet of sugar free crystal light...my fav flavors are fruit punch and rasberry lemonade...careful..they go down really easy!!!
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    though i've just decided to stop drinking, bud select has a light beer @ 55 calories. you can also go bacardi and diet soda, thats like 70 calories.

the reason i've stopped drinking is because of how i felt the next day after drinking. my stomach was a bottom less pit the next day!
  • muchojaleo
    muchojaleo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Gin & Tonic rocks.... that's my drink...

It has 120 -130 Kcal which I can budget (I haven't had one in a little while and I am just craving it as I write about it)

It's not very common that they have diet tonic... If they do, the the gin & diet tonic (which tastes almost the same or better) drops down to 30 - 70 Kcal a drink....

Nice deal.

Cheers!

3521599.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    also, if you do drink, be sure to re-hydrate!

I typically will have one drink, one water, one drink, one water....etc.
  • rjulian20
    Options
    a glass of red wine (8 oz. or less) or one 12 oz beer is actually good for you. it flushes your kidneys and there are lots of antioxidants in red wine......but limiting yourself is the key!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I just like straight booze... personally Whiskey is my favorite. Also a true Martini (Gin + a taste of Vermouth) is not bad calorie wise.

Watch out for Tonic water it actually is loaded with calories, seltzer is much better.
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Bicardi Diet Coke is a favorite. Any white liquior with diet sodas
  • riccimua
    riccimua Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I drink Bacardi Limon Rum with water or seltzer with a lemon. Tastes just like lemon water!
  • pammilou
    pammilou Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm with Goron59 I'm afraid. I can't stand weak beer, so will budget in for a good one. I'd rather not have a beer than have anything light. Vodka with diet soda is a good choice too.

Pam