1200/1300 calories

Options
anyone eating 1200 calories? I just curious if you are what are your eats like?

Replies

• JLeeAlton
    JLeeAlton Posts: 311
    Options
    Mine is set at 1200.. however I do eat some exericse calories back. Check out my food diary.
  • noble1987
    noble1987 Posts: 132
    Options
    I'm eating 1200 a day too xx
  • neonshock
    neonshock Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yup, I am for 1200 but my cals are set at 1300 so if I go over by a little it doesnt go red! (It makes me feel bad when I have something in the red :) ).

Feel free to check out my diary, its open I think....
  • krbzyf
    krbzyf Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have 1200 also, but i'm having a hard time eating my exercise calories. Any suggestions?
  • neonshock
    neonshock Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat my exercise cals, or if I do I drink a protein shake or something else high protein (great excuse for meat!). Read the stickies on the main page about eating ex cals :)
  • wardiemelissa
    wardiemelissa Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Mine is set at 1200 also but I am in the "red" almost everyday however it doesn't bother me because I normally only go ever by about 100-200 calories and what I am eating is not "junk" lots of fruits/veggies and protein, etc. I am also close to maintaince so I am slowly trying to eat more calories so my body can get used to the amount of calories needed to maintain and I run 5 days a week and do strength and stretching 2 days so I am getting exercise calories as well (but I typically eat most of them back-I :heart: my post run protein shakes :love: ).

If you are trying to eat some of your calories: have you tried eating raw nuts (almonds, walnuts, etc...), peanut butter and an apple, yogurt and granola, whey protein shakes? Those have a little bit higher calories but are chocked full of good stuff!

Melissa
  • mayita72
    Options
    I am at 1200 kcal tooooo!!!! I love carbs so I try to eat at least one in every meal, the rest veggies and protein........
    I am trying to eat after lunch to satisfy my sweet tooth, but my son made brownies, so I am eating one a day......I eat only half of my excersices kcal...
  • aschultz9
    Options
    I am at 1200, which I am finding incredibly difficult. I've been over every single day, but just tracking what I eat has been helpful. I eat a lot of fruit and veggies, but in the past week have noted I'm taking in way too many carbs. It's the first week, so hopefully this will be a bit easier with time.
    I am training for a marathon in spring, and I do eat my exercise calories. I would not be able to make it through the day if I didn't.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I have 1,200 calories a day. It really motivates me to exercise so that I can eat more!*LOL*

I usually have cereal, a nutrigrain bar, or poptart for breakfast.

Lunch is a tuna/chicken salad sandwhich, or some form of a salad with protein.

Supper is always paired with soup or a salad. I've been buying a lot of pre-seasoned on-sale meats lately and adding them on top of my salads. Or I'll do a single side like a baked potato or mashed potatos or rice to go with the soup or salad.

My snack is usually at night time, when I'm watching TV, since that's when I really crave something. I have one scoop of lowfat Edy's ice cream with frozen fruit or some of the Knorr's dried vegetable soup mix Spinach Dip (very low in calories when made with lowfat mayo and lowfat sour cream) with my homemade veggie tray. Sometimes I'll have a lightly salted soft pretzel if I want something warm or a cup of hot cocoa.

If you add me as a friend, you can feel free to check my food diary out.

Shannon