Sitting around in my workout clothes! Need motivation

Options
Someone please tell me I need to get up off my butt and go work out. I am feeling tired, hungry and not at all motivated.

Replies

• simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Get up please ! Lol

You can do it !!!!
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Eat some carbs......and get moving!!!!
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    On another thread someone said that exercise is not a punishment for being overweight, it is a gift you give to your body to celebrate and build strength, poise, agility, and balance. Do you want to be able to climb stairs when you are 80? Off the COUCH!
  • He1loKitty
    He1loKitty Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your words of encouragement. After I posed this, I was on MFP forums another five minutes and realized how silly I was being, so I went and worked out!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I was gonna say I'll go if you go, since I don't feel like going. Since it looks like you already went, I guess I will go now....off to the pool to swim some laps.
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    When struck with feeling like that I just remind myself how many calories the human body burns while sleeping and take a nap instead.
  • katcol89
    katcol89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    HelloKitty,
    Get up and go workout! You will feel so much better when you finish and you won't want to sabotage your efforts by over eating or eating something bad.
    kc
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Stay home and relax. Don't feel guilty. Only kidding! Get going.
  • He1loKitty
    He1loKitty Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Next time I'm feeling lazy I'll revisit this thread! Alidecker did you go swim?
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Ohh, I found this thread too late! I lost my mojo and blew off my workout today. But I'm now inspired to sleep in my workout clothes and bust that out first thing tomorrow morning (I have to get my sleep, it's late for me). :flowerforyou:
  • fitnesspalmeg
    Options
    I feel like that a lot to! You just have to get moving and you will feel a lot better after. I will reward myself if I workout 3 days in a row. It makes it easier if you get something in the end. Getting a workout buddy is good, so you can challenge each other.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Just make it habit. Make it a non-negotiable part of your day. You know, like brushing your teeth, having a shower, going to work. It's just what you do. Don't give yourself the choice. Don't argue with yourself. Just do it.

Most days I feel a little pang of "oh, I can't really be bothered" - but I just don't listen to that voice because I know it's going to happen. Similarly, I don't give myself the luxury of trying to decide whether or not to go to work, because that would just be torturing myself. I know I have to go, so why argue with myself about it!

That's not to say I never skip a workout - from time to time I do, and it's ok. I don't beat myself up about it. I know I feel better when I'm exercising regularly, so I know I'll get right back to it. Sometimes (like once every few weeks) I just accept that I'm too tired, or something else has come up or whatever. No big deal. It's a big enough habit by now that one day off doesn't spiral into completely stopping.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I did go swim, got 2100 yards in. I feel better for doing it!