Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Stuck

I log my calories 1000 a day I got to the gym 3times a week and I weigh 221 one day and 227 the next its like this every day for the six weeks. I went to the doctor. She told me to push away from the dinner table. I avoid bread rice potatoes and sugar. I don't even know what I truly weigh since it bounces back and forth EVERY DAY Ilook hideous I am 5'10 53 yr old giant female --people look at me like I'm a monster. I'm hungry all the time but if I eat I gain weight. I know weight loss is supposed to be based on calories basic math. Ive heard the stories about starvation mode which sounds fine in theory but if it were true how does one explain anorexia

Replies

• beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Why are you starving yourself?
  • Welshgem84
    Welshgem84 Posts: 45 Member
    why are you only eating 1000 cals a day? your body needs more fuel to survive than that, particularly if you are working out - eat more and the weight will come off!!
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    First, stop weighing yourself everyday. Your weight can fluctuate sometimes 10 lbs day to day depending on a lot of things. Pick one a day a week to weigh in in the morning after you wake up and go to the bathroom, but before you eat breakfast. Take your weight every week. Also take your measurements. If you're working out like you say you are, you might now always see a difference on the scale, but measurements never mislead.

Number 2, you are not eating nearly enough. Your Total Daily Expenditure is 2348. That means you should probably be eating at least 1300 calories a day if not more. I would recommend at least 1700. Starving yourself is only going to lead to failure.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Well your not eating 1000 calories a day and you shouldn't as it's too low. If you were eating 1000 calories at your weight the weight would be falling off you. So unless your some kind of medical miracle your not accurately logging your food by weighing and measuring and using the correct entries in the database

Follow the links and lose weight in a sensible sustainable way and still eat rice and potatoes if you wish. Good luck

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=guide+to+sexypants&page=1#posts-18361594

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
  • Mandingo15
    Mandingo15 Posts: 10 Member
    Stop starving yourself. Start there. I can only speak for myself and what has worked for me. Water, lemon water in your best friend drink that throughout the day, by the gallon. Stay away from the stuff you should be staying away from. I am a big eater so I would eat up to three cups of broccoli (as filler) at lunch and three more at dinner to go along with 8-12 oz of chicken. Walk 5-10 miles a day, see if that weight doesn't drop. Not a doctor but I had to go this drastic to kick start it. Now I eat whatever I want with in reason, but I walk 60-80 miles a week. Worked for me. Hope this helps someone. Good luck.
  • hovis153
    hovis153 Posts: 6
    I agree with the others, you are not eating enough. More veg and salads and lean protein and 2 pieces of fruit a day and some dairy be it milk and yogurt e.g. mullerlight, a little low fat cheese of some type. Small amount of carbs in the form of a medium (200g) potato, 50g dry weight brown rice or pasta or 50 - 75g porridge oats made with water.

If you are having tea/coffee are you putting in a splash of milk and not properly recording your milk, that soon adds up over the week in calories and is there anything else that is passing your lips that you are not recording and you are eating more than you are conscience of?
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Well your not eating 1000 calories a day and you shouldn't as it's too low. If you were eating 1000 calories at your weight the weight would be falling off you. So unless your some kind of medical miracle your not accurately logging your food by weighing and measuring and using the correct entries in the database

Follow the links and lose weight in a sensible sustainable way and still eat rice and potatoes if you wish. Good luck

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=guide+to+sexypants&page=1#posts-18361594

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide

This! When you are logging are you using a scale to weigh your portions? Are you using recipes created by other MFP members? Are you using generic entries in the database? Are you checking the entries nutritional information before using that entry to make sure it's accurate? Your diary isn't open so can't see your logging.

But if you aren't losing you aren't in a deficit.