Testing. 1. 2. 3. Is This Thing On???

Options
:bigsmile: Hi everyone. I've been on here for about a week. I came from another calorie tracker website online. I like this site much better so I'm here to stay! I'm a navy wife, mother of 3. Getting myself in shape to set a better example for my children whom are already health conscious. I've have always been fit until I had my last two children. Then it all went to H.E. Double Hockey Sticks!! 9 years later I'm still battling with my weight. My highest since the birth of my last child was 324 lbs. My lowest since then was 204. As of Sunday I'm 236 lbs.

I'm tired of excuses!!

It finally happened. The day after Thanksgiving I told myself that I can't keep being lazy. I can't continue to talk myself into thinking that I can't succeed at losing weight and maintaining it. I can't keep sitting still.

So my theme for 2011 is MOVE!!

Simple huh? Yep it is. I've spent the last 9 years at a stand still watching the world move. Its about time I move right along with it!

Will you join me?? :happy:

Replies

• cfaye01
    cfaye01 Posts: 20
    Options
    Heck yeah! I want to join ya! :)
    Good Luck! and dont stop! This year, I will not let the smallest things get me down as usual.

Happy Thursday!
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hello Desirai! Good luck with your journey! Good for you for finally saying enough is enough.
    Its about time I move right along with it!

Will you join me?? :happy:

I'm right with you there on this one!

:D
  • dmb0174
    dmb0174 Posts: 31
    Options
    Good for you and what a GREAT attitude!!!

I with ya... :)
  • dreamhill
    Options
    That is exactly what I was thinking...it's time for me to move as well. I have had more success with this site than I have with any other weight loss program and the most awesome thing is that it is free. Good luck with your weight loss and hope to see ya on here.
    Karen
  • jrhodges20
    jrhodges20 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Great attitude. I have made the same decsion its time for a change. I am with you
  • feetypajamas
    feetypajamas Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi there!! I love your attitude! Best of luck! :D
  • RUNMLT
    RUNMLT Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I AM !!!!!

i used to be a slim, muscular 175lbs....over the years i got up to 212 (july-2010). I asked my wife who is a certified fitness instructor, why cant i lose weight....I GO TO THE GYM 5-6 TIMES A WEEK...she said i have been telling you that you need to monitor your calories. She suggested that i record my calories in a journal or a notebook....i said, that is way too old school for me !!!! She said maybe you can find something online...That seemed like an excellant idea...i started off on one site before MFP, but they didnt have a app for Android phones...so i came here....since July 2010, i have lost about 22 pounds !!!!!!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I see yall are movers to! Whats that old saying "Birds of a feather.....". Continue on with all your successes no matter how big or small. They all count! :happy:
  • Missy005
    Missy005 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello Desirai!

Congratulations on your commitment to move!

I too am married to a Navy man. Our latest PCS was my excuse to stop moving. However, the excuse no longer holds weight ;-).
    We found a local Y with a military discount, so that also cuts out the cost excuse.

Thank you for sharing your story. It made me sit up in bed and decide how to "get moving" today.

Be blessed.
    Melissa
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Thanks for sharing your great attitude. Let's get moving!
  • sstewart36
    Options
    welcome. YES YOU CAN!!!!