Hey Im new, could do with some support.

Options
Hi just found this place, wish i had seen it before looks really good and friendly. Some of the success stories are truly inspiring.

Well my story goes a bit like this....

Im 30 years old, always had weight problems. Then I discovered play sports, football and Rugby... Ok not very lady like I know but while I was active I dropped heaps of weight and felt really good.

Last year, I had an accident sustaining a back and head injury so sporting activities with any kind of contact is now out of the window.

Im now the heaviest I have been in years 16 st which is 224lbs and Im only 5ft 3 , I feel so depressed all the time, nothing now fits, Ive started shopping in the mens section for baggy jumpers (although they are not feeling anyway baggy at all.)

I need to get control of my life again, my health is suffering, I cant walk to far without feeling like im about to pass out.

At this moment in time it feels like I gigantic mountain I have to climb but I cant see any way to the top.

Tips of any kind would be fab to kick start my journey.

Thanks

v v

Replies

• katiedoo82
    katiedoo82 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    friend request sent :0) welcome to the site... and heres to a new beginning! :wink:
  • heavenlyb14
    heavenlyb14 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    This sounds like the state that I was in when I started. I have sent you a friend request.
    You've have made an important step by joining this site, well done.
  • battink
    battink Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    welcome - i've sent you a friend request :)
    you can do this! x
  • KCBrue1
    KCBrue1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think signing up for MFP was a great step. Stay determined, and good luck. Here you have thousands of people who are on your team. :)
  • joanna_82
    joanna_82 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
    Start with small steps. Walking is great so maybe focus on trying to do a small amount of walking every day and then increase as your body gets used to it.
    Good luck.
  • czerkasow
    czerkasow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can relate to the feeling of being out of control, just really try to take it one day at a time. Concentrate on eating well and getting some light exercise for just one day to get some sort of control, then congratulate yourself for being able to do it. Then vow to repeat that great effort on the next day. Sometimes when you look at the long term, ie. I will have to be on this program for 6 months/1 year etc., it can seem too daunting. Well done on taking the first step, you deserve to be the happiest, healthiest version of yourself that you can be.
  • rhina23
    rhina23 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Welcome here! Add me up!
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    your story sounds like mine when I first started as far as struggling with weight your whole life and being the biggest weight you have been. Just take this one day at a time and track what you eat every single day even if you didn't eat so well on days.. do it anyways. Start with baby steps and get more active. Take walks, clean more vigourously, try some youtube fitness videos when you feel ready, etc. Summer is here: treat a beach day or pool day as exercise. Anything can be made into exercise as long as that heart gets pumping and you sweat. Make yourself lots of small goals. THat way when you reach them, you can celebrate a lot more. One day at a time and you will get to your goals. Try new things like recipes or foods but stay to the basics and eat the things you like just tweek them a little to be low cal so you can eat more of them while staying in your calories limit. Treat this as a life long journey with lots and lots of small changes. IT really is for life. Even when you hit your goal you have to always pay attention to what you do or eat. IT gets easier however. Good luck
  • sweetv1smith
    sweetv1smith Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can do this. As u can see were all in the same boat, its just that some got on board before others. Well do this together.
  • VauseVittel
    Options
    Thanks for all the support, I can really see having people help guide me is really going to help.

Thanks guys!
  • deeksha_s
    deeksha_s Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    With a li'l portion control and small steps, you'll be there! Sent you a friend request :)
  • lamornamarie
    Options
    Newbie too :) sent friend request! :)
  • hanni23
    hanni23 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent :)

I'm fairly new to this site too and it's really helped me so far.
  • BrittanyMG3
    BrittanyMG3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 and 3 years ago I weighed 220lbs, over 2 years I slowly dropped down to 185, then bounced back and forth between 185-192 until I got pregnant with my 3rd child. After she was born in January, I promised I would do things differently. I weighed in at 208lbs the day after I had her..today I am 141lbs :smile: I haven't been this small in 7 years.
    I understand how hard it can be to be in pain from extra weight..I was in constant pain for years..feet, knees, back.. today I am completely pain free! (you can even check my album to see my progress)
    You will get there! Stay strong! MFP is the BEST site! My friends are the best support and I always make sure to return the favor!
    Good luck. I'm sending a request, add me if you would like to! :happy: